1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Hilton Head Island SC breeders

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by Lord, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Lord

Lord Jr Member

Are there any breeders that they show their dogs so i get an opinion of my male on whether he would do good on American Shows?
    I mean around that area of course

2. Lord

Lord Jr Member

????????????

3. FredC

FredC Guest

http://www.notori.net/home.cfm[​IMG]

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

ETA: I know nothing about this breeder in a personal sense. And have never had any personal dealings with them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Robyn Sparks (Notori Dobermans) is the only one I know of right there in or near Hilton Head.

Claudette & Dave Papenberg (Desert Mirage) are in Madison, FL (about 190 mi from HH)

How old is your dog? Best thing to do is go to a show, talk to some of the handlers on Fri or Sat and see if they will look at your dog the following day and give you their opinion.

I don't see any scheduled Conformation shows in SC until Jan. (in Pendleton). In Savannah, GA the end of this month and no more in GA until Atlanta in Feb. FL has several shows coming up. Tomorrow in Brooksville is the Specialty/Sweepstakes & Sat All Breed Conf, then Ocala the following weekend then Ormond Beach in Jan

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lord

Lord Jr Member

My dog is 19 months old. I wont show it yet maybe in 2-3 months. I wont use a handler. But it is good idea to meet if u are interested because i want to see how are American dobs in real life. I am very curious. Do you know a breeder of Golden retriever that she works as a trainer in Petsmart?

Would it be ok if we could meet and u explain some things to me?

6. sizzledog

sizzledog Notable member

Do you have photos of your dog?

Since American judges travel all over the country, you can probably get a good idea of your dog's quality by asking experienced people from any part of the country.

7. Lord

Lord Jr Member

I do but i need to take new ones now he got older. I post one from age of 8 months training and a head shot from the age of 12 months

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

you don't have no new pic's of your dogs Lord, after all this time??? and what about pic's of your girl, nice to see you around again here, did you moved yet to the states?

9. Panama

If you've never handled a dog in a show, UKC shows are a great place to get some ring experience and see what else is out there. UKC judges as well as IABCA (International) judges will gladly talk with you (strong & weak areas). Just something to consider.

10. Lord

Lord Jr Member

All the shows i have shown my dogs. I just moved yesterday. Actually the only show that i was bored showing my girl (her breeder did) was Sunday at the Greek championship, but i show my boy later on as i got some rest (i was traveling the whole night).

Oh i don't publish pictures if i don't like them and i had no help while my wife was in US

11. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

OH poor LORD... you never post pic's on here, i'm wonder why, nobody saw your girl yet and the pic's of the boy are the one on the breeders side and nothing new there either ;)
    and about the moving, come on i did it before, took care of everything on my own in germany, packed everyhthing,took care of the appartment, painted, shipped the boxes and then got on a plane with my son. so not big diggy :p and i'm a woman :D:p

12. Panama

You can check for local kennel clubs in just about any area.

13. Lord

Lord Jr Member

I dont know how to do anything yet. But i will figure this out. Apollo we need to ne 3 people for a good picture and u know this if u photo in Euro style. ;)

14. Lord

Lord Jr Member

No luck with email

15. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

try to call them

16. Lord

Lord Jr Member

I got a reply. Something must have happened to the airport. Both of my dogs are on defence drive 24/7. I have to walk them with safety on and double leases and collars. Don't get how this happened.

17. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

gezzzzzzzzzzzzzz Lord , sorry to hear that, maybe it was to much stress for them, the long fly and then all those strangers around them.
    hope everything will work out fo you

18. Lord

Lord Jr Member

\We are doing a bit better

19. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

did you ever found out what happens ????

20. hall.christopher

hall.christopher Novitiate

Hey Lord,
    Sorry to come in late on this post.I know you are thinking of showing in the US,but have you ever thought of Crufts here in Britain?