Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Here we go AGAIN...

Discussion in 'The Pet Post (Non Doberman)' started by WiglWerm, Jul 10, 2019.

1. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

So I have been wanting a Standard poodle for many years. Last year I FELL IN LOVE with the silvers... Hubby was like NO POODLE FROO FROO DOG... Well I've been married 25 yrs, he is ALL talk, lol. After mentioning I was looking to my dog friends and opportunity was presented to me. This is Bailey, My FIRST SHOW DOG.
    Pinafore's The Show Must Go On (AKA Bailey) : 20190511_090314.jpg

• Like Like x 14
    • Wow x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. WiglWerm

My son is ABSOLUTELY in LOVE with her... 20190531_154413.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  3. WiglWerm

My Daughter Paige and Bailey. This is when we first got her, see how she is almost all black, she is "Clearing her coat" and is now mostly silver, its so cool to watch the transformation! 20190409_175758.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Wow x 1
  4. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

My Princess’ first puppy playmate was a silver poodle name “Sky”. They were such good friends. They would always box together. Great dog.

• Like Like x 2
  5. WiglWerm

Our fist show and my daughters first time showing. They both did GREAT. LONG day but amazed a how well behaved Bailey was! She got a 1st place (with no competition, lol) and then was beat out by the other male pup in her age group. LOTS of fun!! I am doing UKC shows with her and when she is 8 months she will be with a handler for AKC. Wish us luck!! 20190612_134726.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Wow x 2
  6. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

Awesome! Bailey is beautiful. I love standard poodles, they are not “froo” dogs they are HUNTERS! Retrievers, same thing :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. WiglWerm

My husband has definitely changed his tune. He says She's no froo froo dog. She is tough! She goes at it with the dobermans and comes back for more! She is the best puppy I have ever owned. She never chews up anything other than toys and bones, she has had free range AT NIGHT since she was 4 months old (she is 5 months now). Gets along excellent with both the dobies, they play wrestle and cuddle ALL DAY LONG. Jack the Yorkie hates her of course (he dislikes all puppies, but loves the adult ladies, lol). But that will change as she matures...

• Like Like x 7
  8. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

What do you think will be her adult height and weight when fully grown?

Beautiful girl right there!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Wow, congratulations on your new addition! After the trial with Fenris, I figured you would find another pack member ;) Pretty interesting to see how all puppies are not crazy like the Dobers lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Beautiful pup!

UKC will get her used to all the show business and she'll be ready to rock in the AKC ring!
    I've always liked the standards, but too much grooming for me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

what a cutie!!! Can't wait to see how she does out there!

• Like Like x 1
  12. WiglWerm

She is going to be a big girl, probably around 60 lbs, not sure about height but guessing around 23 or so inches (but really no clue, lol)

• Like Like x 1
  13. WiglWerm

The grooming at this point is minimal compared to full show hair. I bath her weekly and only brush her out after her bath. I own 2 high velocity dryers so any tangles are basically blown out. She was used to being groomed already so she just falls asleep on the table and I do face, feet and fanny. There is quite a bit more stress with the hair though with the dobies, no mouthing or pawing her hair allowed. (A lot of face wrestling and air snapping allowed, lol) I am hoping to have her titled BEFORE she hits a yr as I seriously DO NOT want to have to deal with show hair, that's a whole other MONSTER!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Wow, she’s lovely! Welcome to DCF, Bailey! Exciting times for you all :)

^^ Love this! Haha :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. WiglWerm

Oh wanted to add she has free reign at night ONLY. If I have to go somewhere OR if she needs to chill she is crated. She sleeps on the floor in my room next to the floor ac vent. I have tried to coax her into the bed (she is soooo soft and fluffy and DOESN'T SHED) but nope, cooler on the floor. Ruby has taken Bailey's invite as an OPEN invitation for ALL and has settled her butt in my bed. Whatcha gonna do...:scratch:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Congrats on the new family member!! She has a much nicer looking coat than any other poodle I have seen. Much more silky and clean looking. She is a cutie!

I hear they are super smart. Besides grooming, have you found her energy needs to be the same as a doberman? Also assumed they were bouncy dogs too and need work and brain games.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

She's beautiful! I grew up with poodles! And all of them were silver. My mother preferred that color. I love how they were black as a puppy and slowly turned silver. We only had miniature and tiny toys. But I've always loved the standard size. I think there are cool dog but I really couldn't deal with the hair. Especially out here in the country. Their fur would be full of all kinds of stuff! But she is just lovely. I love the shaved nose. My mom would usually opt for small whiskers. But I always thought it was so cute when they shave their nose. Good luck with her! You got a winner!

• Like Like x 2
  18. WiglWerm

At this point it is still puppy hair, silky fly away hair. She should begin the transformation to adult hair around 8 months, where the hair is more coarse and springy, lots of changes happening by 1 yr.

She is very smart. Ruby is a smart doberman, one of the smartest I have owned. Bailey is "Ruby smart".
    Basically Bailey is a hairy doberman. Just slightly less intense, a little more HAPPY, definitely BOUNCY . Energy level is comparable to a dobie pup.Play is very rough like dobies. Sensitive emotionally like a dobie, not quite as velcro {right now I think she likes the dobies most}. Overall a GREAT addition!

• Like Like x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  19. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I have been somewhat intrigued by Standards for a long time. I did not know about the name Silver as a color. I know they are "real" dogs and not froo-froo. At the same time, for me, they just do not have a tough enough appearance to satisfy my family security needs.

I know some people with males give them a mustache, which I might do if I had a Standard.

It's interesting to hear of the color named Silver. My new next door neighbor has a Great Dane that is essentially the color of a Weimaraner (to me, silver) but he says the color name is Blue.

• Like Like x 1
  20. WiglWerm

[​IMG] she should end up something like this when finished clearing. The legs get almost a white color...

• Like Like x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3