Here is our rescue boy thats almost 14.

C908

Notable member
This is our boy Blu, he is an amazing dog. Rescued him when he was a year old, he has always been perfect. It's like he is self taught, such an easy dog to have by my side. He is definitely a Velcro dog and loves to be petted. My wife and I tell everyone he is an Angel from Heaven. He has little cowlicks in his fur on his shoulders, we say that is where his wings were attached. He was always healthy until the summer of 2015, he almost died. Stopped eating and drinking for 2 weeks, lost 25 lbs. Our vet ran numerous tests and never found the problem. We started feeding him baby food with a syringe and he slowly started getting his strength back. Our vet gave him daily antibiotic shots for a month and he eventually made a full recovery. He was back to normal and healthy until June of 2017 when he was diagnosed with a heart problem. He takes 12 pills a day but is still hanging in there. The one and only thing that we were able to confirm was his birthday, March 17th, 2005. Thought I would post this picture that was taken today. Dec 23, 2018 038.jpg Dec 23, 2018 038.jpg Dec 23, 2018 038.jpg Dec 23, 2018 038.jpg

Ddski5

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
What a great story, cowlicks and angel wings kinda get you....

Thanks for sharing.

Tropicalbri's

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Bless him!! What a wonderful boy, I want to hug and pet him for hours!!
:love::love:
I just teared up showing my hubs Blu’s picture. I have such a soft spot for seniors.

C908

Notable member
Aww, Blu is so sweet and seems like such a gentle soul. He must really detest Preacher :D
You hit the nail right on the head, Blu has a very gentle soul and always has. Actually Preacher and Blu get along very well. Our only issue was we had to teach Preacher that Blu couldn't play. We felt bad because Preacher just wanted a playmate but Blu is just to old. Blu has always gotten along with everyone including kitties. Here is a picture of Blu sleeping with his girl Blessing.

Attachments

• P1050310.JPG
    P1050310.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 12

C908

Notable member
Another picture of Blu and Blessing, her paws are laying on his face. She is also a rescue, so here we have two rescues that love each other.

Attachments

• P1050276.JPG
    P1050276.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 7