• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

here goes

lynz

Novitiate
Keela was good last night when I took these pics.
http://www.doberman-chat.com/showthread.php?t=6730
when i say good she was the same as she had been for the last two weeks.

She sleeps on our bed at night and i knew something was up when she stood at the bottom and the bed looking at me. The poor girl couldn't get up. She didnt make any sound but the look kind of said it all.

I put a few pillows and cushions on to the floor and she finally made it up( we couldnt pick her up as she was in too much pain).
She didnt lie down though, she paced and turned in circles for what seemed like hours, her pain killers clearly no longer working.
She eventually settled down for 4 or 5 hours along the top of the headboard, she slept we didn't.

This morning i got up and they always get fed before they go out. I put the food in theire bowls and Cass came running as normal and Keela is normally toddling along behind. Not this morning she hadnt even bothered to stand up. With help of more padding on the flor she got of the bed, her food was still of no interest to her even with milk added. Which was a first for her.

I noticed that both her left front and back paw was swollen again something that had gone down over the last week.

We made the decision there and then that this was no longer fair.

We called the vet and were told to go in as soon as we could. we said we would be there around 9.30am.

Normally when we go to the vet Keela becomes shy and extremely nervous. Not today she walked faster than she has in ages to the front door.

The vet was briiliant. When we got there the vet was waiting on us in the waiting room. There was me , DH and Josef the 2 year old(dont ask,).

She took Keela, who went away fine something she also would never do., to get a canula placed.

We got to go into a lovely little room with a sofa, a carpet and a tv it was really nice.
5 mins later she brought Keela in who greeted us with a nose of our laps.

She asked if we wanted time with her, we didn't, we had had our time and werent pronlonging anything.

The vet slowly administered the drug as i gently helped Keela to the floor, she was so peaceful and finally pain free.

I managed to hold in together in the vet, dh didnt do so well.

We said our good byes and left. We will return next week to collect her ashes.

The vet students took a few pics of her tumours for their studies so it was nice Keela could help.

We are holding up, its hard not to with 3 kids and 2 other dogs. Cass is doing really good, considering her and Keela have never ever been apart.
Infact Keela has never ever been away from us in her whole life,.

After our building work is done the house will be called "KEELAS CLAN" we will also get some sort of tree or plant to grow soon.

We will keep her ashes for the time being and scatter her one day with Cass.

Keela was my first baby and I will miss her so much, but I couldnt see her suffer any longer. She only had pain on and off for 2 weeks and everything has happened so fast.

Thank you all kindly for all your support, it means so much.

like i said i'm so sorry Lynz, but i think you all made the right decision to let her go , so she wont suffer anymore and wont be in pain any longer.
Sending you and your Family my deepest condolence and like i said before, if you need someone to talk to, you know where to find me.
bigs hugs to you

I know how hard it is to let them go...but harder to watch them in pain. You made the right decision and I am sure she is thanking you for it. Sending hugs and healing vibes for your broken hearts!!!

attachment.php

Don't be sad because it's over...
Smile because it was!

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them.
And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart.
If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog,
and I will become as generous and loving as they are."

(Author Unknown)

Nellie

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them.
And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart.
If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog,
and I will become as generous and loving as they are."

(Author Unknown)

Nellie

thats beautyful Nellie

I"m so sorry. If you want to reflect, here is the perfect place to go:

http://www.doberman-chat.com/showthread.php?t=246

Know that she was loved and will continue to be loved, just in a different way. The candle site above is a place I go to often to light candles for all different kinds of things.....world peace, no more animal abuse, and the loss of our loyal and loving companions.

RIP and run free.

I am sorry for your loss.....I can understand your pain...It is the hardest decision in the world to take,but if they are in pain,there is no other option to stop the suffering.
I went through the same with my Niko just over a year ago.

My only consolation after wards, was knowing he had the best 11 years a dog could have.

I am soo sorry lynz.. I am sorry I cant linger on this thread..its just so hard. I think you gave her lots of love and she will always be with you.

Back