HELP with whining

Kalamaire1316

Novitiate
All Hercules does is whine if he’s not sleeping I tried playing him him to stop but that doesn’t work either.... I tried ignoring him but it just makes it worse... what can I do please help.

If it rains for days and I don’t mentally/physically work Ragnar he will whine. So, then I have to let him out and I work him in the rain and mud of the back yard.

PITA, because I have to spray him down every time before letting him back inside; he freight trains through the boggy mud and gets nasty.

In many many ways- A tired Doberman is a good Doberman.

I can’t stand the whining... every time we get ready for a walk or if we’re in the car and she knows it’s the way to the park... whining and more whining. I’m getting better at tooning her out .. much like my children.

My last boy was not a whiner but this new boy is. The only thing I've found to stop it is cranking up the music really, really loud for a few minutes. Not only does it drown out the whining but when I turn it down after a few minutes, he's stopped at least for the time.

My last boy was not a whiner but this new boy is. The only thing I've found to stop it is cranking up the music really, really loud for a few minutes. Not only does it drown out the whining but when I turn it down after a few minutes, he's stopped at least for the time.
This has nothing to do with the original post but can you tell me how to post a new forum or thread? Im new here and need to ask a question about my Dobermans ears! Thanks.

This has nothing to do with the original post but can you tell me how to post a new forum or thread? Im new here and need to ask a question about my Dobermans ears! Thanks.

Hi and welcome!

Click on the "Forums" tab at the top of the page. Then select the sub-forum your topic would fall under, then click "Post New Thread" button on the top right hand side of the page. :)

dcf.png

I can’t stand the whining... every time we get ready for a walk or if we’re in the car and she knows it’s the way to the park... whining and more whining. I’m getting better at tooning her out .. much like my children.
So much could be said about Doberman whining.

Possibly my least favorite Doberwhine scenario is when I am working to get us ready for a walk or run and this has Oji's whining at an increased level. I'm like: Dude!! I. Am. Trying. To. Help. You!!!!!

One thing I like maybe less than anything else is to feel forced. So if my Dobe has not been exercised and is, as I call it, "walking and whistling," I know that I am essentially going to be forced to provide him a walk. Then, when I take the first definitive step in getting ready for that walk, his whining gets dialed up. I feel like he's all: "That's right, owner guy, you WILL walk me. Make it snappy."

Does Fury have a blanket? Did Drogon? In the very early days when my hb was still travelling for work I would use loud music to drown him out but he would go into what my hb labels as "crack dog" mode. I prefer to use the term "psycho puppy" as it sounds...less...crazy, haha. He showed a great deal of interest in the hardwood floors, which I now know to be teething related, but at the time, he had no blankets, ugh. Looking innocent, right :whistle:
image.jpeg
Anyway, what kind of music are you playing? We have found that classical "does" take the edge off.

So I just gotta know.....anyone have a recording of these whining sessions?
Is this like like constant, relentless whining? I think I am counting my blessings that I have not experienced this yet. From the way it sounds I think it would get on my last nerve.
The 2 I have now have enough quirks, don't need to add whining to the list. Rumor makes some of the strangest noises that I have heard come out of a dog and Drake likes to back talk, always thinks he has to have the last word,he's like having a perpetual teenager in the house.....

I've often thought it would be hilarious to make a compilation of the ridiculous noises Oji makes from his crate in the basement.

But yeah, as I mentioned the other day: My daughter and I were out on our street coming home from school. We decided to have her hide and then have me go home and bring Oji out to search for her. Oji was loose in the house, which had all its doors and windows shut. Daughter and I were about 5 houses down the street when I heard a familiar noise. Yep, Oji, and not barking – whining!!

The only noise that comes out of Tara is an annoying nose whistle when she’s traveling in the car crate. So, I filmed it for you Lol

It’s not continual (thank the lord!)

Buddy will do the annoying whine when... 1. He wants to play (ie bored!) 2. When he knows the time! Yes, knows the time. Sorta like this:

One thing I like maybe less than anything else is to feel forced. So if my Dobe has not been exercised and is, as I call it, "walking and whistling," I know that I am essentially going to be forced to provide him a walk. Then, when I take the first definitive step in getting ready for that walk, his whining gets dialed up. I feel like he's all: "That's right, owner guy, you WILL walk me. Make it snappy."

I will NEVER forget to feed Buddy! He knows the time!:banghead: And Daylight Savings plays havoc with him! All summer I could be feeding dinner at 4pm. By winter he's whining at 3!!! :pullhair:

I could be outside with him for an hour and think he got plenty of exercise. We live on 10 acres and he will be all over the back property by himself if I am working in the barn or something. Plus I take him and Kali for a walk together. But we can come back in the house and there he is, a toy in his mouth, looking at me and whining. :facepalm:He's 11!! I'm glad he still has the energy, but man!

NOW........all that being said. I DO NOT give into the whine! First off, the sound can grate on anyone's nerves!! :pullhair: But I also will not have HIM telling ME what to do! :tap: Enter the word, Quiet.

I can simply say it, and sometimes he just does it louder!! :wideyed: It's almost like he's thinking, Oh! I got your attention by whispering it? Now I'll scream it!!! :tap: I don't think so ! I just scream back. Q U I E T!!!! And when I scream, everybody listens! LOL! That's when he goes and lays down. Thank you very much. And if it's a dinner time whine? I tell him Quiet and let him lay there for a minute or so and then go get dinner ready. I will NOT let HIM tell me what to do. :nono: He's a good reminder of what time it is, but he's not the boss in this house. :)

The whine is just the worst as they make it seem like their needs are sooooo urgent. Kaiser has this urge to want to potty when we sit down for dinner. It's so annoying because I know he can hold it! Doesn't matter if dinner is 430 or 730, if we're sitting down to eat (not breakfast or lunch, only dinner!), he starts off by standing at the door. Of course we can see this, then he does a low whine, the nose whistle, we ignore it, then a louder whine coming more from his throat. At this point we're both annoyed. Maybe a louder quiet is what we need to try next.

Back