Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

HELP! SOMETHING IN DOGS EAR

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by princethedobie, Aug 22, 2019.

1. princethedobie

princethedobie New Member

67689ADC-063B-4DF8-9845-0B13948191B8.jpeg I was in the process of cleaning my puppies ear when I spotted something that looked (at first) like it was just a piece of skin but then I looked closer and it appeared to maybe have some sort of liquid inside. It is hard but squishy and it’s not able to pop, any idea what it could be?

Attached Files:

2. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Looks like an ant / insect bite or possibly a foreign body trying to work it’s way out.
    Or it could be just a keratin bump. I wouldn’t try to pop it as you risk infection. Let it be and hopefully it will self limit and correct itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

It almost looks like a blister.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  5. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

6. princethedobie

It’s still there not as risen as much but it’s been four days and it’s still not gone :thumbsdown: I can’t leave his ears unposted anymore because I’m scared they won’t be able to stand up so posting it’s really agitating him too

7. princethedobie

Still there after four days but it’s not as risen anymore, I would’ve expected it to be gone by now :sorry: it isn’t going down fast so I don’t think it’s a hematoma but it can’t be a flea or parasite as I gave him treatment for that

8. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Cut a small piece of mole foam and place on bump, then post. That should prevent chafing of the bump.

9. Mystic

Mystic Notable member

You could also put some cotton there behind the post too.