1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Help! Doberman not feeling good !

Discussion in 'Doberman Health Issues and Questions' started by Dell, May 22, 2020.

1. Dell

Dell Novitiate

I have a 6 month old Doberman. He recently ate some of my food when I wasn’t looking and had a lot of sriracha sauce and since then he hasn’t been himself. Doesn’t want to eat anything. Has been throwing up. Before it was his food he was eating but now he’s on day 2 of not wanting to eat. Before his throw up was yellow but the last throw up was brown looking. He will drink water but the last time he had water he threw it up. That was yellow and yellow mucous feeling (slimy). Please help! Is this an upset stomach or something serious ?

2. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Hot Topics Subscriber

They are devils at getting into stuff! Apart from not eating how is he? Does he seem miserable or is he still bright and energetic? Is he pooping normally or loose runny poops? It is always difficult to know exactly when to go to the vets and they do get stomach upsets quite often as pups. If you feel he is miserable I would be off to the vet about now I think. Also, if he hasn't pooped at all I would definitely be wanting a vet to see him immediately!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

I can imagine that sauce is reeking havoc in his tummy because if the spice. But if it does on for several days I would be concerned. Im not sure how much he ate or even how much would be toxic- but I am sure spicy is no bueno for dogs.

Any other symptoms? What color are his gums? I wish I had medical advice for you.

4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Are you sure you didn't eat something else that caused a blockage?

How is he doing today?

5. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

You should get him to the vet.
    Hot sauce won’t cause that I don’t think.
    Mine eat peppers raw, jalapeño.
    Something else is going on and I’d suspect a blockage.

6. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Sounds like faeces. He could have a complete or partial blockage. You really should seek veterinary attention.
    Please, keep us updated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 3