Havoc in the home!

jazzies mum

Hot Topics Subscriber
For the last couple of weeks Jazz and Barny have been having a play date down at a local creek, but yesterday I opted not to take her down as it was still 40c at 5pm and I have a busted toe that would be target no.1 for two crazy pups playing. Not sure how it happened but at about 5.15pm I look out and see Barny coming towards home flat out with no one with him. He has escaped and found where Jazz lives before and it is mayhem!

What a crazy turmoil! :banghead: Last time I grabbed Jazz and then tried to get a hold of Barney, which didn't work very well. He just ran madly around and peed on everything! :machinegun:

This time I grabbed him, and I'm not happy! :censored::censored::censored: dog. He tried to do the houdini collar slip and I grabbed his bottom jaw and popped it back on, got a handy leash on him and started to teach him to "cease and desist". The lesson lasted about 30 seconds before he had stopped and was looking at me in amazement. Jazz meanwhile was in a hyper excited state and pretty crazy herself, but at least she was getting my message about backing off and even managed to maintain a sit for a few moments with all the madness going on. She watched me educate Barny and then hobble off to return him to owner. Whew!

My performance in all this left something to be desired, as I got cranky with having to deal with this in my own home. But it showed me how easy it is to get compliance from a non Doberman! By the time I had him back to owner he knew not to pull, was walking sensibly, and when I left to go back home, he was looking at me like, "wow, what happened". But he like it!

I'm not displeased with Jazzies performance, as she was still willing to listen to me to a degree, even with me not giving my best directions to her and doing a lot of angry :censored::censored::censored:. In fact, she may have taken it on board that boss dog was putting someone in their place. She has been super responsive on our morning walk! :thumbsup:

The toe survived without being trampled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You grabbed the dog by the jaw :spit:

Yep, that's sounds pretty mad to me! It serves as a good lesson for Jazz to see you flip out haha. Like a deterrent lol.

So I'm guessing they didn't get to play? :rofl:

You grabbed the dog by the jaw :spit:

Yep, that's sounds pretty mad to me! It serves as a good lesson for Jazz to see you flip out haha. Like a deterrent lol.

So I'm guessing they didn't get to play? :rofl:
Nope! And I think further play sessions are going to be AFTER an obedience lesson. No obedience, no play! I do hate unmannerly dogs! Of course, what will happen is that owner will have Barny on lead, probably going ballistic, and I will give Jazz a quick heel, sit, down, stay and when she is doing well it will be release the hounds!

Got my sense of humour back today, and find it all a bit funny, but I am so glad no one was watching all that!

I was just gonna say....I wonder if anybody was watching you????

Damn, I betcha you were a funny but yet intriguing site to see. “What is that crazy woman doing over there now”?????

I was just gonna say....I wonder if anybody was watching you????

Damn, I betcha you were a funny but yet intriguing site to see. “What is that crazy woman doing over there now”?????
Pretty sure no one saw any of the performance, but out here sound does carry so it is more than possible that I did entertain some one! About the crazy part, it sort of goes with the territory out here and you'd have to be REALLY off the planet to cause much comment! AND it's troppo season! Right on the tropic of Capricorn where when the temperatures get right up high people tend to lose it!!!!! :weird: Think it's a case of :beer:required.

I'm not sure, but have a sneaking suspicion that his master might have brought him part way himself as the car was only just up the track. If Barny had bolted from the river it is about 1km. Possible, as Jazz had been barking at the bull just before and as I said, sound travels well out here. They hear each other barking over a distance of about 3km at night. Hopefully there was no profit gained from the effort and it doesn't become regular!

Wow I can't even imagine attempting that with a broken toe. :shock:

Apparently Barney knows your authority so it didn't take long to fall into place when he knew you weren't going to mess around. :thumbsup:

So far no further Barney invasions! Think maybe my mood might have been apparent to his master as well! :rofl:

If/when it happens again I have a battle plan and got some gear ready for this guy. He will get a good solid collar and be tethered firmly in the shade of a tree where he can't destroy, pee on, anything. And then I will use this to give Jazz some training on listening to me while there is a distraction in camp! Roaming dogs aren't all that uncommon and at least I know Barney is actually a nice dog, (needing training!) so a good way to teach Jazz what I expect of her. :thumbsup:

And yes, I think your average young dog is a total pushover when you are used to outwitting and gaining respect from your Doberman. I have been trained!

You know I was just thinking about that the other day. How my labs before compare to Ragnar now. Ragnar has to be in everything with us, has to be included. If not, he will let us know. My past dogs were just happy to be dogs.

You know I was just thinking about that the other day. How my labs before compare to Ragnar now. Ragnar has to be in everything with us, has to be included. If not, he will let us know. My past dogs were just happy to be dogs.

Isn't that odd? Although... Moo is more likely to follow me around the house. If Rubie is in a comfy place, her majesty cannot be bothered.

Isn't that odd? Although... Moo is more likely to follow me around the house. If Rubie is in a comfy place, her majesty cannot be bothered.
In the house, Kaiser is constantly following me around but he doesn't do that to my hb. Yesterday it got really annoying with all of us being in the kitchen at the same time. Bad enough that we were in each other's way, add a Doberman constantly twisting and turning to follow with a stabby nub, it was like a Dobernado.

LOL that's exactly the case with our two. Albert is usually within eye shot of me, if not stuck to my side but yesterday he made a bee line downstairs to curl up with his head in Dad's lap. I guess they know when someone is injured and want to help comfort them.

Back