1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Have a dog that likes to get in the trash?

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Rits, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

:rofl: Brilliant!

[​IMG]
    Photo Credit: Unknown (not mine)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Where can I get one?:spit:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bomary

bomary Hot Topics Subscriber

Someone posted this on a Dobe group on FB...just to be silly (but also pragmatic...), and one of the comments (from someone who clearly has zero sense of humor) said, "Train.Your.Dog." Just reminded me of why I am slowly "leaving" those groups!!

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

LOL. Wow, they can't laugh at a little joke, jeez!

The obvious would be putting the dog in the kennel vs the trash in the kennel. :D Thats why this is even more funny to me!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bomary

bomary Hot Topics Subscriber

I HATE how rampant stupidity is these days...it's at every turn!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ $ Forum Donor $ Hot Topics Subscriber

lol that's hilarious :rofl:

Some people really need to lighten up, it's only a joke! Jeeze :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

LOL, love it! From what I understand, Demelza could figure it out in minutes. Lisa puts hers in an enclosed cabinet with a chair pushed against it but it doesn't take her long to get past that. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That would be funny if it didn't hit so close to home. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  9. Devan

Devan New Member

My in laws Weimeriner gets into their trash. She can't go in a crate when they leave because she howls and has chewed trim off the door frames trying to get out of the house due to separation anxiety. They have their garbage in a cabinet that they bungee shut then put a baby gate in front of haha.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Horselady

Horselady Member

Baby gate, smabey gate.... They're useless for these jumping bean dobes. Neegan clears the tallest wooden one I could buy without putting even a foot on it:(

I agree Jan, I just brought two crates up from the barn because Neegan gets into trash/baby diapers and the second so he could have a friend while cooped up (he was rather pissed at me today).

11. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Our trash can has a locking lid on it. So far, so good.
    That said, I'm just waiting for Rumor to figure out how to get to it. She can open doors (just mastered the sliding glass door) why not a trash can?
    She is just starting to earn some freedom. Yesterday I left her out while I took a shower. Came out to find she had opened the pantry door as well as the dog food container and helped herself to a snack. I caught her right in the middle of a bite. She didn't look at me, just quietly spit the food on the floor and backed out of the pantry. Thought she could save herself by grabbing her blanket and start sucking on it and giving me the "what? I wasn't doing any thing. Don't you see how cute I am sucking on my blanket?"

• Funny Funny x 6