Hard headed he is....

Ddski5

Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Ragnar loves to chase and eat bugs.

Not the first time he went after a wasp and got stung.

Right under the right eye.

8449B15E-D8FA-44D8-9790-DC53F8E423FB.jpeg
7F8A46C5-7410-4D19-BC2D-0B221650F01C.jpeg

Aww poor guy... :( I'm glad he doesn't have bad reactions anyway.

Make sure stinger is out.

You can try giving Benadryl. Think this is the right dose? One milligram per pound of body weight. Check with your Vet !

Will help take swelling down.
Try a Baking Soda Paste
Baking Soda and water and put it on the sting area 4-5 times a day.

Apply cold pack a few times a day.

Ouch! How is he now? Were you able to give him Benadryl?

Damn. I hate these jerks. And they have been aggressive this year! There was a wasp in my hair this afternoon and of course I turned into a panic freak...to summarize :complain:

Anyway :whistle: Hopefully the swelling has come down by now.

This very thing happened to Rumor a couple of weeks ago. Her whole face swelled to the point her eye was swollen shut. I grabbed an ice pack after making sure the stinger was out and off to the ER we went. That much swelling that fast scared me.

That hooligan is fine....thanks for your concern. Him and his shenanigans!!!

He rolled around on the ground snorting and grunting like a donkey.

Took him to the park today and he ran around in the rain for an hour. He goes nuts in the rain spinning and sliding everywhere. That’s one of the negatives with trimming nails. He has absolutely zero traction.

Before the wasp incident:
All the girls went to Plano, Tx. this weekend for soccer so I had him by myself. He gave me a scare Saturday morn when he vomited his entire breakfast, then went and laid down and gave me that look like he was in pain. Same look as when we were in the Vet ER for abdominal obstruction. I got very worried and concerned. Damn. Damn. Damn. I hate that look.

Then I remembered I had given him some cow esophagus the night before. First time I have done this. So all day long I was hoping it was an upset stomach from the esophagus and he did not eat swallow something. I racked my brain and walked around the yard, garage and house looking for things he may have gotten into. He is just so damn fast and everywhere at one time.

To my relief, he pooped last night and today at noon. As said, just got back from the park and he is back to norm.

Needless to say, the pack of esophagus is going into the garabage.

Yes. That’s where I got it from.

Ragnar Lothbrok is his name on his AKC papers. Hahaha.

I admire that character. Came from nothing to become a legend in Viking tales and lore.

Most people don’t get it. They look at me crazy. But those that watch the series say- hell yeah! That’s bad ass!!

Or they will link it to the latest movie out- Thor Ragnarok.

Yes. That’s where I got it from.

Ragnar Lothbrok is his name on his AKC papers. Hahaha.

I admire that character. Came from nothing to become a legend in Viking tales and lore.

Most people don’t get it. They look at me crazy. But those that watch the series say- hell yeah! That’s bad ass!!

Or they will link it to the latest movie out- Thor Ragnarok.
I saw an older man with the name Ragnar on his tshirt. Of course, I thought of your boy.

Ragnar is doing fine. Fixing to load up and go to the fields to work on some new ideas I got today from y’all.

I made the major mistake of bending over to put that damn happy bday cone on his head.

What does he do? Yup, jackhammer head comes up and point of cone cuts me right between the eyes. That’s why there is only one pict.

Silver lining is at least it didn’t poke me in the eye for my lapse of judgement.

These Dobermans will keep you off balance with the things they get into.
I can only imagine your fear when he was sick to his stomach. Your brain goes into overdrive and I can tell you from experience I have never second guessed myself as much as I have with my two.
The worst possible scenarios run through your mind.
So happy he is doing better!!

What does he do? Yup, jackhammer head comes up and point of cone cuts me right between the eyes. That’s why there is only one pict.
I had to put funny because I can relate to that uppercut from the head but I wanted to hit empathetic too because I know it hurt like crazy!!

I had to put funny because I can relate to that uppercut from the head but I wanted to hit empathetic too because I know it hurt like crazy!!
I can't thank you enough for telling your story about their heads and the damage they can cause. I'm sure you have saved many people from that surprise :thumbsup2: @Ddski5 is lucky he's probably just walking around looking like he's got a popped pimple ;)

Back