Half Posts

Kb83

I have heard people refer to half posting and can't find anything showing what it is or how it is done when I search the forums. Can anyone tell me? My girl has beautiful standing ears when out of posts, but they look flat at the tops and lean outward (backward?) I was reading different threads and someone said that could be corrected with half posts and bumpers. I have tried the bumpers with full posts, but it doesn't seem to change anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Her ears look great! How old is she again?

If she's past teething she may be able to get by with Breathe Rite strips.

Her ears look great! How old is she again?

If she's past teething she may be able to get by with Breathe Rite strips.

She will be 7 months on the 14th. I think she is past teething? Her teeth look like they are anyway. I just worry about the crease because I have no idea what it's supposed to look like. They are strong and up though. I'll go to the breathe right post and see how it's done. I appreciate the help!

Where did your pieces of tape go towards the top and were the posts as long as her ears? I've heard the flipping can be due to the taping at the top of the ears, the ears not being supported enough at the top because the posts are short, and/or not pulling up on the ears as much as possible. The tips are always the last to firm up so it can't hurt to keep posting. Some have to post a bit past teething. Archer posted her Faith until she was two. I don't think you will have to post that long but it gives you an idea to don't give up! She's a cutie and they are on the right track.

Where did your pieces of tape go towards the top and were the posts as long as her ears? I've heard the flipping can be due to the taping at the top of the ears, the ears not being supported enough at the top because the posts are short, and/or not pulling up on the ears as much as possible. The tips are always the last to firm up so it can't hurt to keep posting. Some have to post a bit past teething. Archer posted her Faith until she was two. I don't think you will have to post that long but it gives you an idea to don't give up! She's a cutie and they are on the right track.

Thank you! I always make sure the posts are long and to support them all the way up. The photo is early June and I actually added a middle tape because it was making the ear stick out funny without it.

Attachments

• 61291690026__D2D2BDDF-0D4E-4DD5-83A5-1DBD6C72E23D.jpg
    61291690026__D2D2BDDF-0D4E-4DD5-83A5-1DBD6C72E23D.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1314.jpg
    IMG_1314.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 23
Thank you! I always make sure the posts are long and to support them all the way up. The photo is early June and I actually added a middle tape because it was making the ear stick out funny without it.
The posting looks great to me! You may just have to keep posting for a little longer until those tips firm up. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who hasn't posted yet (getting my puppy end of July) but I've been reading posting threads here and other places for about 10 years now and wanted to reassure you. She's a cutie! Hopefully some others chime in that have dealt with this before!

Yes. Ragnar did the same. They were flippy, esp when he ran.

I tried Breathe Rite strips x 1week but just could get it to sit right and work. Went back to full backerrod for a week and that decreased it from being an inch to half inch at the tip. After that I let it ride and they straightened/hardened on their own.

That was at 7.5months.

Back