Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Grumbles opts for trailer trash....

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Nutz, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Nutz

Nutz Hot Topics Subscriber

Hehehehe:yatta: Click bait if ever there was!!

Anyhow seriously. Can you believe this. In order to "get a better view", in one spring (I saw it happen) she jumps uptop a small trailer standing in the front yard to see....

I just happend to have my tablet handy, and snapped off a few pics.....

But I right royally quick moved the trailer away from the fence when I realised what she had in mind....

BTW the trailer's for all of Scruffy's agility obsticles in it, here in SA you gotta make your own.

I think she was contemplating jumping from the trailer over the 2M Yip...... 2M picket pallaside fence to get at the kids playing soccer in the street which is the "bubble" in the dead end....

You look at the pictures and tell me if you agree. (Especially Pic 3)

BIG NEWS:- Grumble's started intensive obedience training this Sunday past. She is ready for it now. Class mainly centred around stay's and recall to the front.

HOWEVER.... She had her introduction to protection as well.
    The first 3 agitation aproaches she hid behind my legs, and yapped, not sure what was on the go....

The 4Th approach she went out to the end of the lead and stood ground..... Left it there

Very happy with that.......

grumble on guard 4.jpg grumble on guard 3.jpg grumble on guard 1.jpg grumble on guard.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2019 at 3:25 PM
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

When you said you lived in Africa, I always envisioned you living in the back house on a farm/rural property in the Middle of nowhere lol. My minds blown that you live in a suburban area.

And yes, she looks like she’s debating on taking herself for a walk or not lol.

3. Nutz

Hehe

Nope Suburbia it is for me... How’s that go? Sticks-n-bricks. And a 2m picket fence (not white)

4. Rodyboy

Rodyboy New Member

Definetly wanting to play ball but thinking better about the jump, thank God. Have to watch them constantly ha. If the trailer would have been a bit closer to the fence she probably would have been over. Before we did our fence we went on line to a site and one of the things to look out for was keep things away from fence line because they love to leap. A dog that can run 30 miles per hour with unbelievably well muscled back legs can jump on a full run 6 feet or possibly more. WOW that is high. Well done to move it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Or just climb on over it. Lol
    C15FD33B-54B7-41EE-9AC3-5815F6578A8F.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Wow x 3
  6. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

Yep, definitely looking at "out"! :rofl: At 13 months Jazz jumped, scrambled or climbed out over a 5 1/2ft fence trying to find me so it would look doable to Grumbles for sure. The spikes on the top of the fence might be a disaster though! :shock:

• Wow x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nutz

Hi Jazz... That's for shure. There's a photo I've got somewhere, of a peron who tried to gain access to a property, and fell onto the top of a fence exactly like mine, Quite horrific, the spikes penetrated right through the back of his butt. Had to wait there for the ambulance....

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. jazzies mum

I was tossing up whether to hit funny...............or empathetic. He wasn't up to any good I reckon, so the funny had it, but I had to cringe anyway. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nutz

Here's that pic Man stuck on pallasaide fence.jpg

• Wow x 2
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 2
  10. jazzies mum

Um.............how long was he stuck there? Bet it felt like a lifetime!.................and then comes extraction!!!!! :shock::shock::shock:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Nutz

Hi J
    I don't know the report was he had to wait for the paramadics to arrive..

PERHAPS...... PERHAPS he learnt something from that.

Anyhow these days they just crow-bar the bottom of the upright away from the bottom cross member (it's usually just tack welded), gain entry bend it back to look like everything's OK then at their leisure do whatever the hell they like... Rape murder opportunistic theft (nothing big, just saleable stuff)....So please forgive me if I have absolutely no sympathy at all...:mad:

Very big thing here is to poison the dogs, first. They use a poison called "two-step" usually embedded in raw chicken It's an incidous method, that kills over a long period. Rescuing your dog will cost ten - fifteen thousand ZAR, If you have more than one dog your'e faced with "Sophies choice".. Which dog.....There is a "rescue kit" you can buy, from SADTC (Soth African Dog Training Centre) for about 250ZAR each but is just buy's you time.....

I live with that thought constantly at the back of my mind while we are all at work..

Then they gain entry. Very common practice is 3 months after the initial burglary, they hit you again.... Insurance has paid out, and you have replaced.... All your stuff is brand new.... and gone...

FORTUNATELY my house is in the bubble of a dead end, the kids play in the bubble, my neighbour is a pensioner dude who's home most of the day, all the houses have dogs and as soon as they go off we all go out and look, so there is a measure of safety.

Never advertise you have assetts.......

Living in the "new" SA......

Anyhow this's not what this forum's about.... This is about our dobies).... But talking of this reminds me, I think I mentioned that Grumble had her first protection agitation session Sunday past....

She also had her first food refusal lesson......And that was brilliant. She only went for the tasty yummy meaty treat twice, got tapped on the snout twice for her efforts...
    The third approach she reversed backwards around behind my legs and was completely WHAT THE? :wtf:NOT HAVING THAT THANKS FOR BUGGER ALL:nono::nono::nono:

I had a darn good laugh...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow x 1
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  12. Rodyboy

Rodyboy New Member

Nutz, I am glad you have dogs for your warning system. Your dog did very well on refusal of food. I wondered about the fence top, now I understand. Seems brutal, but hey, I do not live in SA. And here in the US we have our problems too. Our Doberman is peace of mind. My husband is a veteran of Vietnam and has to wear a cpap at night and he can not hear noises. With Buddy he KNOWS he will be warned of anything he can not hear, Buddy would hear it. I think he can hear cat paws on the lawn Ha Ha! Sorry to hear about the poison, but that can be done here in the US too. It is scary. Keep up your training, great job. If they are used to being fed in house, then refusal outside can go well. Great day to you.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  13. Rodyboy

Rodyboy New Member

14. jazzies mum

I am sooooo glad I don't live in a place where I have to live behind bars! And it sounds as if the fences and dogs are only a deterrent with the less determined. Yep, I agree that if one of these people gets skewered on the fence it is deserved, but I still cringe at the thought! I knew a man who got himself gored by a bull, right up the butt, and had a colostomy bag for several months while they did him up some new plumbing. :shock::shock::shock:

Glad Grumbles is going well with training, and the refusing food sounds like an absolute necessity where you live.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

I don’t have much sympathy for someone like this, so it’s kinda funny to see him hanging there impaled up his rear. I can’t imagine he recovered well from that though. Oh well, guess it was not worth the risk to jump that fence. That said, I can’t imagine living under this kind of threat all the time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow, I totally agree! That picture was horrific. But when I read about all the crime there and poisoning of dogs, if this man was guilty of that he may have stayed there forever as far as I was concerned. Must be difficult to live your life in fear!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Nutz

Hi My Buddy,

There is no valid excuse for a stranger to climb onto your fence. You have paid money to erect the barrier. Whatever that man had in mind, he had no right to even attemt to go ovr the barrier, and he deserves

every

single

minute

of pain and suffering... Sorry, I have no sympathy.....

Anyhow, I got home lastnight, and grumble was uptop the trailer.... again... Even though it's far from the fence.... She jump's up there in anticipation of highlight of th day.........................

We get home!!!!:ntmy:....:ntmy:....:ntmy:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rodyboy

Rodyboy New Member

Nutz, don't you just love their enthusiasm? It's so good to be welcomed home.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
  19. Nutz

Yes! ESPECIALLY when you are deadbeat, juggling 25 different items you are carrying while trying to unlock the gate at the same time with a hell-of-a-pee-on-board..:sonic:.. from that last cup of coffee at work,,,,,, staring at a front yard strewn with ten million cotton balls of douvet-stuffing <shredded dog bed> and various other sundry hardly-still-recognisable chewed up items like paint brush / paint tray / and a whole bunch of other unrecognisable shards - bits - and pieces....:wtf:..... And you just know the we've-run-out emergency round of bra - pantie - underpants & socks washing you diddn't have time to take off in the morning at the back.......:censored:

It really does have it's joyous moments.....

Rodyboy.... Wouldn't have it any other way....

Their enthuasiam breaks all boundries... As soon as the car arrives in the dead end bubble, There they are with Grumble standing on the trailer then it's a 3 dog mad dash up & down the fence, jumping up where the gate locks are, barking, tails wagging.... makes the day...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rodyboy

Rodyboy New Member

Nobody loves you like your dobe loves you. All the things they strew all over the place laundry, dog bed, shoes, blankets, I am so frustrated you are not here I had to do this to keep sane. Gee, all we have to do is keep sane through it all ha ha.

• Funny Funny x 2