Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Grumble, poetry in motion leaves me in tears...

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Nutz, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Nutz

Nutz Hot Topics Subscriber

So I got emotional after dog training yesterday....

The training field must be what?.... at least 100 x 100m. There is another dog (white mixed breed) there that likes to run, so both us owners decided to let the 2 dogs run, and I released Grumble with the GO-PLAY, & clipped the lead off

And she ran after the other dog....

Then something happened, she overtook the other dog and then......

She began to run not just run... RUN

Never have I seen her move like that....

Remember, she came from a backyard litter. When I got her she was underweight, all legs & saucepan size paws.... As she has been growing (9 months now) she has always been, as we in Africkaans say.....Lomp.... Gangly, unsteady on her feet, falling over when she took sharp corners, even falling into the swimming pool.....

Not this time.......

This was sheer poetry in motion.... As if she was saying to herself... “let’s discover how fast I really am”.....

Body Lower to the ground, her back legs powering her forward, front legs reaching out, all four coming together and like a flick she was off into her next stride....front legs stretched forward body low, effortlessly....

Not this time....... Not anymore...

This was sheer poetry in motion.... As if she was saying to herself... “Let’s discover how fast I really am”.....

Body Lower to the ground, her back legs powering her forward, front legs reaching out, all four coming together and like a flick she was off into her next stride....front legs stretched forward body low, so...................effortlessly....

She ran a full 3 sides of the field.... That’s what? 300M.....EVERYONE just stared at her go.....

And yes I admit, I got emotional.... So what.... I knew it was in there.... I knew.... She just showed me

It was one of the most beautiful dog thing things I’ve seen.... Something that’s going to stay with me for the rest of my life....

No longer a gangly, immature, adolescent at odds with her 4 legs.... She is on the cusp of her maturity.....

After she came off her head, she trotted to me, I clipped her lead and trotted along with her for a couple of circles to let her sort of wind-down as it where.... Didn’t think it was a good idea for her to just stop after that....

Guys, when she takes it into her head to take somebody down with meaning........

It’s going to be one hell of an impressive take-down... If she hit’s at anything close to the speed I saw yesterday, she will rip that person completely inside-out...

• Appreciation Appreciation x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow x 1
  2. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

How wonderful to see! They are true athletes, and have the grace and energy of the best Arabian horse when they get going. And yes, it brings tears of joy at the beauty of it for me too, no matter how many times I see it. They can leap effortlessly, turn on a dime and dance like a ballerina, and that all out RUN is something else.

Makes me wonder how an animal that can pound along like a mini rhino, can in the next instant be dancing along on springs making no sound at all.

So glad Grumbles has come into her own, and will be something to contend with no doubt at all! :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Nutz

Grumble at the doggie-doc on Sat Note the sit stay.......... no leash
    still 29 Kg, but a bit taller 2019-02-11 Grumble at the doggie doc 29Kg.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  4. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That’s wonderful, @Nutz! No stopping her now :sonic:

5. CRDobe

CRDobe Notable member

Your description brought tears to MY eyes!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

These dogs are incredible athletes, once they figure out what to do with their paws and gain the confidence to push themselves. My little GSD at seven months old just has seemed to find the gas pedal, but he still is no match for Brinks. You need to post more photos of Grumble, she’s a doll.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I agree those moments you watch them go full tilt, so low it looks like their bellies are touching the ground it takes your breath away and to watch them clear an obstacle full tilt gets my heart pounding and goosebumps.
    This makes me cry with pride and amazement. My love for them explodes when I watch them working or just playing wide open.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  8. Nutz

Morning guys.... Thanks for understanding where I'm comming from...

At 61, Grumble will probibly be the last Dobie dog I'll take on from a pup... They bond so close, It would be an almost inhuman thing, to take on a pup then leave it behind because I've passed on

Grumbles comes from behind... No pedigree, no embossed certificate witha fancy kennel name, yard bred, and if you have been following, although the sire & dam where pretty good on the eye when I arrived there, definately the "breeder" had spent no money on the pups...

Underweight, smelly as a pig pen, unchipped no innoculations, and as of the 4 pups there whas only 1 male left, she was probibly the runt, (the other bitch having been already taken was probibly the bigger of the 2).....

for 8 months, she has been at odds with her legs with saucepan shoes... As we say in Africkaans "lomp" always falling over when cornering, / playing with the Swiss shepherd falling in the swimming pool.

But I saw something there..... and it's finally

One heck of a lot of management has gone in... bolstering diet to get her weight on track, weekly trips to doggi-doc for weigh in's & a cast-his-eye-over....

And patience.... Patience...... Patience....... But I saw something there..... and Sunday when it expoloded out it really was a big deal...

But best of all..... To see what?... at least 10 other dog handlers.... completely stunned by her display.....

That was quite something...

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Wow x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

I saw her pic in your other thread and she looks lovely, and in that pic she had such a calm intelligent look in her eye. And she was at the vets! With all you have put into her and the training you have in mind I will be really interested to hear about the day she saves your butt! Because that day will come I'm sure. :thumbsup2: Enjoy watching her develop and mature!

Also hear what you are saying about taking on a pup when we are older, they are a commitment we need to know we can reasonably fulfill. Jazz will be my last puppy too, but maybe not my last Dobe or Dobe crossbreed. I am keen to adopt a rescue dog at some stage, or maybe even do some fostering to give a rescue a second chance. :love:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Nutz

Once you break down the wall they build round themselves, there is precious few more attached than a rescue Dobie.... It's so obvious, it's heart rending....

Shandy... my beloved Shandy,.... Homed with me by the chief vet of our local SPCA....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Snoops

Snoops Member

Beautiful. Looks stunning

12. Nutz

Save my butt......... Brings this to mind, Just a picture I downloaded off the net and added the caption... Hehehe Ohhhhhhh shit.jpg

• Like Like x 2