1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Growth or lump on puppy's ball

Discussion in 'Doberman Health Issues and Questions' started by Sabrina, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

In panic mode.. saw that my puppy was itching his balls vigorously to find that one was some what inflamed then to see that he had a lump or growth. First thing that comes to mind is it a tumour or cancerous! Was just wondering if anybody could help me find out what it is or if anybody has seen anything like it would really appreciate the feedback, sorry for the x rated photo but just so you could tell what it was easier. hopefully I don't get kicked or blocked..
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Welcome!

Of course you won't get blocked or anything like that!

Well, what I see is a small bump and some redness. Honestly, I've noticed that Dobes' testicles are not uniformly shaped. This is probably the case with most dogs. So I doubt you are seeing a major swelling there. Like I said, I just see a small bump. It could be a bug bite. It could be something that caused an itch and he created the bump by biting at it.

On the other hand, I will say I am not real good with health questions and you are smart to pay attention to this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That is normal. Most males get those. Little sores like little pimples will pop up on their testicles on occasion. As long as they have good margins, don’t change color or increase in size in a small amount of time you are fine. If anything changes about them, if they become numerous or look infected take him to the Vet to be seen.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

This looks normal for some. As @Archer said as long as there are not significant changes it will most likely resolve on its own. My male has had this once. Also a possibility that it is an insect bite. I would not let him chew at it since that may encourage an infection. Just keep it clean and his mouth off of it if possible.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Lol Kaiser's are perfect right now. Could it be an age thing?

@Sabrina little pebbles or fine debris on the road/sidewalk can also cause scratches. Our city uses a combination of these things during winter and Kaiser ended up with a tiny scratch on one of his bits that he licked into a tiny red spot. Tell him to "leave it" if he knows the command. They are pretty good at following through. Until it heals I wouldn't ask the dog to sit on rough surfaces just to avoid further irritation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Oh Little Oji

:spit:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

My male gets those from time to time. I freaked when I first saw as you are. We went to the vet and I had it needle point aspirated and it came back as inflammation.
    Fastest way I notice to get rid of those is warm compress a few times a day for about 10-15 mins. Then wipe it with a stridex pad and then a topical antibiotic.
    As others said as long as there isn’t any change in size or swelling or thickening in the sack he should be alright :) keep him away from it though so he doesn’t make it worse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

Ok so update, first picture is from this morning and the second from just now.. it looks as if he has still been itching it when I'm not looking:( from tomorrow going to start cleaning it and see if it gets better that way! Thank you to everyone that has commented on this post it has put my mind and ease a little I really appreciate it!

Attached Files:

9. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

Thank you! I was told to maybe use salt and warm water once a day, do you think that will work or the warm compress method better?

10. Archer

Agreed! Like you said, not uniform and more eliptical than round, but every “body” is different and you can see different shapes. As long as one isn’t way bigger than the other, you’re golden.

Have to add hard not to see the dang things when they are so visible. Belmont likes stand in front of me when I lay on the couch and they are all I can see. Thanks, buddy :tearsofjoy:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  11. Archer

We are all Glad to help! I would just do a warm compress, but it sure wouldn’t hurt to clean it with salt water like advised or a mild hand soap diluted in water.

The little yellow area will pop like a zit or clogged pore as that it basically what it is so don’t worry if you see that happen and there will be puss present so don’t let it worry you. It looks better already so just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn’t get worse.

My male Belmont had two of these right now. These dang boys. Lol.

Have to add that I love your screen name. My first dog on my own was named Sabrina and it’s a special name to me. She was a wonderful dog. Sorry for the OT :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

Okay I will try all methods lol maybe warm compress until it pops then maybe so it doesn't get infected the salt and warm water? I know right! Loki is such a messy dog, he is one of those pups that poop and step in it straight away Thank you , My actual name is Sabrina I had no bloody idea what I was doing when I first made my account was I supposed to put Loki's name first? I'm very new to this

13. Antman408

Antman408 $ Premium Subscriber $ $ Forum Donor $

• Like Like x 1
  14. AresMyDobie

I have always had luck with the warm compress and keeping it clean. When my guy gets those I do the compress about 3 times a day and clean it then put a topical antibiotic on and make sure he stays away from it :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oh Little Oji

Yes, in the early days when I had my first young Doberman and my friend had his GSD, I said that if my boy didn't start to grow some hair on them I'd have to knit them a sweater. The GSD's had a nice tasteful coat of hair.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I don't have much to add but our boys both had them from time to time as well.

Welcome from Minnesota!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

Thank you so much to everyone that has commented and helped me out! the warm compress has done wonders just from this morning!! Feel much better that I am seeing good results so fast it looks less irritated and smaller! Again thank you a lot, think I will be using this chat a lot more :D

• Like Like x 3
  18. AresMyDobie

Yay !!! So glad it’s working !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. RexsMom

RexsMom Member

My boy had one of these too, I panicked as well! The warm compress definitely did wonders, so glad he's doing better :) The things we do for our pets :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

The ability of the photographers in this thread to isolate just their dogs balls is commendable.

• Funny Funny x 6