Growing up fast

He’s adorable! They do certainly grow up too quickly, I can’t believe my pup just turned nine months! Also I have an African grey too :) he’s a great parrot.

Thanks. African greys are awesome. Mine always wanting to be the center of attention and is quite the show off when I have visitors. Easily entertained and very entertaining to watch.

Wow he's growing fast and such a handsome boy!
Six months and still growing!
Give another 3 years. LOL

We have an African Grey too and he is a master at picking up everything we don't want him to, like the dogs whining or the naughtiest words that come out of my mouth. :D

Wow he's growing fast and such a handsome boy!

Give another 3 years. LOL

We have an African Grey too and he is a master at picking up everything we don't want him to, like the dogs whining or the naughtiest words that come out of my mouth. :D

3 years! Monster dog! His paws are still huge. The whining drives me insane. I sure hope my grey doesn’t pick up on the whining lol.

3 years! Monster dog! His paws are still huge. The whining drives me insane. I sure hope my grey doesn’t pick up on the whining lol.
I think with other breeds, it might be that large paws indicate a puppy that will grow to be enormous. Our Kaiser is almost 3 (OMG!) and he still has people commenting “What big paws, he gonna be huge!”. The whining is hands down the worst thing about this dog! You see this amazing devilish beast and then he starts whining like a bitch!

Hahaha.

Look at that face with the stick.

They are a funny lot!!!

He is growing beautifully.

Now when we go on our walks when I see a stick I'll say to Zeke "stick" and he looks around, picks it up and carries it for a while until he gets tired of it. LOL

Now when we go on our walks when I see a stick I'll say to Zeke "stick" and he looks around, picks it up and carries it for a while until he gets tired of it. LOL
Oji does that with littered cans and bottles. With luck, he carries them all the way home so I can recycle them. I knew that when he was a young pup and I let him do this it would probably become a habit. Lately, I let him do it less because if he gets distracted and drops it then I have to carry the thing the whole rest of the walk.

Thanks! Do you have a Congo or a Timneh? I have a Congo his name is Slater

He’s a Congo and his name is Toby :). I adopted him about six years ago and he knew his name so I kept it. I don’t know his exact birthday, but I celebrate it in August when I got him. He’ll be 18 this year! He was a plucker when i rescued him, his previous owners neglected him but now he’s a happy parrot. I’ve never gotten him to stop picking at himself, but I love him all the same.

D0DF0142-9CEA-4EA5-BEE4-A50D63A21540.jpeg

It's amazing how quick they grow up. He sure looks like a happy fella!

Joker will be 2 yrs old the end of June. :shock:

At 2 is Joker any less hyper than when he was Zeke's age?
He’s a Congo and his name is Toby :). I adopted him about six years ago and he knew his name so I kept it. I don’t know his exact birthday, but I celebrate it in August when I got him. He’ll be 18 this year! He was a plucker when i rescued him, his previous owners neglected him but now he’s a happy parrot. I’ve never gotten him to stop picking at himself, but I love him all the same.

View attachment 94052

Beautiful!!!! This is my Slater (DNA male). I had him ever since he was a chick. He's going to be 10 in May. Mimics nothing I say and everything my husband says. His favorite person is my youngest daughter, then my husband, and lastly me. Go figure since he is my bird, I feed and clean up after him. He's still very cool and will step up for anyone and like I said LOVES to be the center of attention.

Attachments

• IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 6
Oji does that with littered cans and bottles. With luck, he carries them all the way home so I can recycle them. I knew that when he was a young pup and I let him do this it would probably become a habit. Lately, I let him do it less because if he gets distracted and drops it then I have to carry the thing the whole rest of the walk.

That's funny. Littered cans and bottles would be different I would not like to have to carry them back home after he drops them. Glad we're into sticks:)

Slater is gorgeous! Birds are so different from any other kind of animal... each one is vastly unique even within species. Toby is a fairly laidback fellow but I’m his person. He will take his favorite treat, almonds, from anyone but will only step up for me. Unless he’s on the ground, for whatever reason he’ll step up for anyone in that scenario lol! Certain people he may allow a pet, but I get pestered non stop to scratch him.

Back