1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Green Tripe

Discussion in 'Doberman Nutritional Care' started by Balakumar, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Balakumar

Balakumar Jr Member

Is it safe to feed Dobies beef green tripe raw? Anyone feeding green tripe. Then how much to feed per day?

• Like Like x 1
  2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I have given them tripe as a topper but it was canned so I'm not sure about raw.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I feed mine raw green tripe with their raw meals. They love it. Me... not so much. Yuck!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

OMG.......... the dogs love it! I get it as a grind in a 5 lb tube. It's the raunchiest smelling stuff..... :green: but yes, it is good for them. The digestive enzymes are very beneficial. Mine get a meatball size serving every other day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tropicalbri's

What size meatball do you give? I may be giving too much... my meatball sizes are big like 1/2 cup size.
    They love it and you are right, it stinks!!

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  6. Balakumar

Balakumar Jr Member

I bought at the local butcher shop fresh.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Balakumar

Balakumar Jr Member

I bought at the local butcher shop fresh, washed cut and froze it for the week . It was a full one bull’s tripe

• Like Like x 2
  8. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

We add a couple spoonful's per meal. Ours is a mix of Tripe, w/ Trachea & Gullet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

So I need to serve smaller portions. Damn. That means I need to thaw it once, make the portions, refreeze. Ugh. Such a disgusting food item.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Balakumar

Balakumar Jr Member

But it is good for our pets

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

A heaping mixing spoon. It comes in a 5 lb tube (chub about as round as a glass coaster) and I cut it into 1" rounds. Half of a round is about the amount they get.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tropicalbri's

This is how mine comes. Lordy it smells like a pig sty. :sick:
    1F702DB0-CD86-42B0-9374-CCAC6AC514C5.jpeg

13. Balakumar

Balakumar Jr Member

I will post a photo of my purchase on next Sunday

• Like Like x 2
  14. Balakumar

Balakumar Jr Member

4A9B4F0D-C374-4537-B8FE-C1CF925D2D57.jpeg Today I bought 3 lbs of green tripe for my two dobes fresh from the butcher shop for this week.

• Wow x 1
  15. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

That looks...yummy...haha :thumbsup2:

• Like Like x 1