Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Missouri Goodbye Rams?

Discussion in 'United States Regional Forum' started by GennyB, Jan 5, 2016.

1. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

So the Rams have officially filed for relocation to Los Angeles with the NFL. It will be interesting to see what happens.
    There are people on both sides, some willing to do anything to get them to stay. Others that say enjoy Los Angeles.
    I understand the revenue generated by professionals teams, but seriously a billion dollar stadium for a less than stellar team?
    Here's my thoughts...let them go. The stadium they have is fine. While Missouri will lose the 7 million in payroll taxes and other revenue generated by having a team, we survived losing the Cardinals, we''ll survive the Rams too. The other problem I have is where they want to build the stadium. Right on the Mississippi riverfront, surely the recent flood tells us that is not a good idea. The other bad part of the location is North St. Louis. The worst part of the entire metro area. Come on down to a game, never mind you can't be armed to protect yourself from the many thugs.
    The billion dollars could be better spent getting a handle on the crime rate...then think about getting people to come downtown.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

So in other words just like LA:D

I guess we can say we let you borrow the Rams for a few years.:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. GennyB

As far as I'm concerned, you can have them back. We can't afford them. How can any city afford a new stadium every few years?
    Can't wait to see how they propose to pay for it. I'm thinking they will hit the smokers for a new tax...right @JanS ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Taxes,lots and lots of taxes.Its the Democratic way;) And our buddy Jerry a Brown is about as left as they come.
    Our gasoline taxes alone place the price per gallon we pay at almost double what you guys are paying.Our state income tax is higher,property tax is higher,DMV fees are higher and our population to tax...there are in excess of 9million licensed drivers in LA county.Not citizen totals,just licensed drivers.
    I'm sure a cig tax increase will be coming.
    Huge taxes coming in from the medical pot sales.
    They will probably adopt a "soda pop" tax similar to Mexicos,since a good majority of LA residents came from there it will go in noticed,they're already conditioned to it.:D

All that money goes into the "General Fund" which should be renamed the Genersl FU.
    LA already has a MLB team the Dodgers,Hocky..the Kings,Basket Ball..The Clippers and Lakers,of course we need an NFL team to support too.:rolleyes:

5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Ugh, don't even get me started on that tax. Cigs went from $50/carton to $80 in one jump to pay for the Viking's stadium. :chicken:

You would think funds would come out of ticket sales and players earning instead of tax dollars needed for much more important things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. GennyB

I'll stay in fly over America, Thank you. I may freeze in the winter but that's only a couple of months a year, not the rest of my life!

There is just something not right about it. Single out people and penalize them for using a legal product? I understand smokers paying more for health insurance, but a football stadium??

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. GennyB

Well, things just got interesting. Kroenke turned in a 29 page document into the NFL just slamming St. Louis.
    He has never been well liked around here and he just moved himself to the top of the sh** list. It would be interesting to see what would happen if they had another home game left...

• Like Like x 1
  8. GennyB

To Kroenke: Goodbye and good riddance.....asshole :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1