1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Goodbye, Booster

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by StarlightDobe, Jul 5, 2013.

1. StarlightDobe

StarlightDobe Hot Topics Subscriber

I am so sad this morning. My brother lives in AZ, and even though he has a fenced yard, and has tried very hard to "frog proof" it, those damn things find a way in.
    His little Yorkie, Booster, has always chased the darn things, and before has been lucky enough to survive.
    Last night was different. About 3 am he was woken up by Booster panting at the foot of the bed. he could tell that he got a good dose of the toxin but he has pulled through before so he rinsed his mouth out real good and sat in the recliner with him while he came down from the effects.

About 4a.m. Booster died in his arms.

It is so sad, Booster was only a couple years old. I remember when he got him, not long after his girl Chloe died. No words can express the sadness that his family feels right now.

R.I.P. Booster, you will be greatly missed.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Run free Booster... :sorrow:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Luvmydoberman

Luvmydoberman Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry to hear about Booster. Prayers to your brother, yourself, and your family. I know our dogs tend to chase after toads, but I didn't realize they were that toxic. I will definitely be more diligent.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Aw, man, how sad. I'm so sorry! Just breaks my heart. My thoughts and prayers to you, your brother and your family. :(

RIP little guy. :sorrow:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Awww.... so sorry about Booster. It must be so hard to live in a place where small wildlife can kill a dog. I've heard of using e-collars for "aversion training" on poisonous snakes, so it can probably be done with toads. "Frog proofing" must be impossible no matter how much time and money you put into it :(

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rach

Rach Hot Topics Subscriber

Awe bless.... heart breaking... RIP booster...

• Like Like x 2
  7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That does terrify me since Albert is constantly trying to hide them in his mouth and sneak them in the house. I don't think they're all toxic, but some are and that's where it gets dangerous.

• Like Like x 3
  8. StarlightDobe

The California River Toads are very toxic to dogs, and the toxin can kill them, they can survive a dose, depending on how big it is and how soon you are able to counteract it, as Booster had survived encounters before, but this time he got too big of a dose, and sadly did not survive.
    Its also hard to keep them out of the yard, somehow they always find a way in, and Booster was more obsessed than his other two dogs are.

• Like Like x 2
  9. BradysMom

BradysMom Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh no!! How sad!! :( RIP Booster!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pam

Pam Notable member

I'm so sorry. I live in AZ and didn't know that about the frogs here. I don't have any around my house but, will defiantly be more aware when it cools down & we start hiking again. Prayers for your family..

• Like Like x 2
  11. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry to hear of the loss of Booster. RIP sweet boy. You are missed.

• Like Like x 2
  12. obbanner

obbanner $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Sorry to hear a dog so young died like that. God Bless! :sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  13. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry for his loss. RIP Booster and run wild and free.

• Like Like x 1
  14. StarlightDobe

Thank you everyone for all the kind words.

• Like Like x 1
  15. watson123

watson123 Active Member

i am really sorry to hear about this! RIP Booster :sorrow:

• Like Like x 1