• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Goodbye Aria.

Archer

Hot Topics Subscriber
Ralph Waldo Emerson said “It’s not the length of life, but the depth of life”. What a depth of life she gave us. Aria came into our lives when we didn’t know we needed her. Her strength, love for life and tenacity was contagious. She won over everyone she met with her beauty and charisma. It was this charisma that gifted us the pleasure of meeting the most incredible people...people I have grown to call family. She helped me fit in to a world I didn’t relate to. She taught me to love viscously and to never give up. That life wasn’t easy. To always try harder. That the best things in life aren’t things....or placements, titles or ribbons.

You never know how long a blessing will exist in your life and our little blessing was taken from us tragically and far, far too early. Fiercely loyal to the end, she fought hard for us in typical Aria style. We miss you my beautiful, snappy girl. You were taken far too soon and are missed with a loss like no other.

She gifted us with three beautiful puppies the Summer of 2016. Her legacy will live on through these remarkable dogs who will carry a part of their mother with them forever. Thank you, Aria. For your love. For your heart. For your everything. I only wish our love could have saved you.

With a heavy heart I announce the passing of our Aria and along with her, my heart. Run swift and free, my angel. You are now at peace.

Wilken’s Impossible Daydream V Kani BN CA CGCA RATI TKN.
August 4, 2013-December 26, 2019
Septic Peritonitis

Backstory: Aria was spayed 12/11/19. On 12/20/19 she was showing signs of intestinal obstruction and seen through the ER. She was rushed in to emergent surgery 12/21/19. She had bled from her uterine stump post operatively and developed a bloody, fatty mass at the end of the stump that her intestines became tangled in. Caused a mechanical obstruction. She also had two other areas where adhesions had developed and caused two more obstructions from her intestines kinking up like a garden hose. Nothing was getting through. 48 hours post op was very guarded as there is always a risk more adhesions will form. She didn’t do well at the clinic. She stopped eating and drinking and wasn’t pooping, so Monday they called me in to come see her because she had taken a turn. She ate and pooped for me, so surgeon felt it best that we took her home. She continued to do better albeit in baby steps. She had a banner day on Christmas. Ate like a horse. Even tried playing with the other dogs. She seemed less painful and was alert and happy. By that evening and into the early hours Thursday morning....she took a turn for the worst. I text our Vet and had her at the clinic when they opened at 7 am. They rushed her into emergency surgery again only to find her intestines tangled up in a ball in her abdomen. She had massive infection in her abdomen (septic Peritonitis). There was no Christmas miracle this time. The kindest thing was to let her go while still under anesthesia. We got to see her and said our goodbyes and she was held and loved in our arms while she peacefully passed on to a better life.

We are desperately sad and the grief is intense. She was a very special and irreplaceable girl. We were blessed with sharing a life with her for 6 wonderful years...but that time is never enough.

RIP my Doberman Queen. If only love could have saved you you would be with us forever.
4A082F25-9EC5-4472-B82D-B82CF6F80003.jpeg 28D610DA-B497-41B2-A658-2BAB4BCA2A2F.jpeg D0503082-A057-4DE5-B174-9C91B26F202C.jpeg 9998E0AD-7905-4D4F-ACDF-D31CE7979027.jpeg F2E02B83-619F-4C19-83BD-C916B85441B3.jpeg 2F43A0DB-9DC0-4048-80DC-3D1AFBB60003.jpeg

Tropicalbri's

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
I am so very sorry for your loss. Aria was the quintessential Beautiful, Regal, Amazing Doberman. Her achievements in love and life will always be in your heart. A life of love lost way too soon.

Run free sweet girl, soar high above the clouds and know you are loved and missed by so many that were graced with your presence.
:sorrow::down::love:

Panama

Hot Topics Subscriber
My heart aches for you deeply. When I heard, I sat with Echo for hours. I never had the privilege of meeting Aria in person, but she was such a big part of OUR family and our hearts. {{hugs}}

Rest in Peace Beautiful Aria.

gjcst

So very sorry for your loss, and so very proud of your willingness to fight for her life but to not let her suffer! How blessed you have her puppies to catch a glimpse of her from time to time.

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
I'm in tears all over again reading your beautiful tribute and no truer words were ever spoken. She was a big part of our Doberman family here and she will be missed deeply.

Run free beautiful Aria... :sorrow:

You know we're her to talk any time and again, I'm so sorry for your tragic loss. :(

Viemarangelrock

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
I am so sorry for your loss, @Archer.
My heart goes out to you. I know how hard this is :(

Aria had a life of love, caring and compassion with you. RIP beautiful girl! :sorrow:

Brioddy

Condolences to you and your family, what an elegant and beautiful dog. Did her downfall occur due to the spay? So so sorry, these times are never easy and we are with you in our thoughts.

jazzies mum

Hot Topics Subscriber
Words never seem enough. That is a beautiful memorial you wrote and she was a truly regal, gorgeous girl. I hope you find peace soon, knowing you had the privilege of sharing her life. They are a blessing in life and in memory.

MyBuddy

Hot Topics Subscriber
I know how hard it was to put this in writing. It's so hard to talk about. The pain of loss is so deep and we all grieve with you. She will always be by your side and knows she was so loved.

Run Free, Girl!

Kaiser2016

So sorry to hear about Aria. I know it is little consolation, but I hope you find some comfort that she got to be home for Christmas with her family one last time.

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Im so sorry Ainsley. There really is nothing we can say to make the pain go away. She was truly a beautiful girl. Ive always loved her presence. Hugs to you and may you be surrounded by the love of your crew during these hard times.

Logan 45

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
I’m sorry for your loss dogs become part of us and it’s never easy to lose one. And being new to Dobermans the bond you share with them is much different than any other dog.

Oh Little Oji

Formerly Tad
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Oh man. I'm shocked to find this thread.

Thank you so much for sharing the news, providing this wonderful tribute and for sharing Aria with us for these years. What a gorgeous girl and obviously a fantastic friend.