1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Going crazy for peoples feet,biting.

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Drogo, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Drogo

Drogo New Member

Hello guys drogo has been doing this sins he was 3 months old don't know why but he all ways goes for the feet of all the people for biting he mainly targets the toes
    Mainly my mom as she doesn't like any animals she freaks out when he rushes towards her
    If I pull him by the leash he still is trying to pull me
    And if some times in close proximity of mom he does reach the feet and try to bite them
    Also he does the to my friends mainly two of them
    After seeing them he starts pulling me to rush towards them
    He acts like he is on crack.
    As for other random people he does the same but not at that intensity which he does for my mom and my two friends
    Any one had this issue ?
    What to do to stop this and keep him calm ?
    No these people do not understand how to handle him they are of no help
    He is 9 months old
    Vaccinated

2. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

In a word?
    Redirection.
    In two words, consistent redirection.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Like this? :smilecat: image.jpeg

If the people he is going after are afraid of or avoiding him, he will continue to target them. Redirect him yourself but also ask them to redirect. He's in the teething stage and will be for a while yet so best to have a toy ready for redirection. Then praise him when he goes for the toy instead of the toes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mystic

Mystic Notable member

I would be consistent in tethering him to you. Get a leash or long lead and let him approach if he goes to bite leash pop and stern no and call him over to you and make him sit with a treat in hand then reward. Work on having people approach him only if he will sit calmly first. I have also used a squirt bottle for mouthing to hard when my boy was younger. That only works though if you’re dog doesn’t like water squirted on the face. Some like it and think it is a game so it depends. Just be patient he is young and teething and if you stick with it he will grow out of it and learn to not bite others in that manner.