Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Getting a show/work puppy have u any idea how much it will cost you?

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Lord, Dec 23, 2009.

?

How much will it cost for a show/work dog

Poll closed Feb 21, 2010.
  1. 10.000-20.000

25.0%
  2. 25.000-40.000

25.0%
  3. 40.000-50.000

25.0%
  4. over 50.000

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lord

Lord Jr Member

For the time that he would be with you?

2. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I haven't a clue! :)

3. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

I'm with Mb, i just guessed, lol

4. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

No clue here either, so I guessed. I assume it can be quite a bit, but all of those numbers seem like a lot to me, even though I'm probably way off...

5. MyBuddy

So, Lord, looking at your vote, you're saying it's over 50G? Is that a guess or do you know?

6. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

since i do not have a showdog and if i had one i wouldn't do conformation LMAO
    i know you need the entry fees, gasmoney, hotel cost ect. but i have no idea how much it would be, til you have finished your dog, but i think 50g are much out of line ;)

7. MyBuddy

It sure will deter a few people! :eek:

8. Lord

Lord Jr Member

I said a dog show and work with the meaning that you will spent time gas hotels training expences to give a carrier. Also food is a bit different with show. And my question is for the ENTIRE LIFE of the animal. So except the show work expences, calculate buying the pup cropping, crates, food, vet bills, a possible cancer later and treatment, pet hotel when on holiday (i personaly take them with me), buying maybe a bigger car to fit the dogs, airplane tickets for u and dog to a show or work exam...... bla bla bla. Until u get the little thing when it is time to say goodbye and depart for some time before u meet again in heaven....

9. MLR

MLR Novitiate

When you asked this question Lord, I remembered a funny thread Von Doom started about this topic a while back. It's meant as a spoof on the costs of raising and showing dobes. This is by no means an accurate accounting of the actual costs you refer to in you original question but I thought you might get a laugh reading it. Here's the link:

Dont forget the Dog Collar. - Doberman Chat Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

i was just reading it, it was to funny MAry Lou, thanks for bringing it up again LMAO

11. MyBuddy

After reading that, MLR, I'll stick to my "pet"! LMAO It was pretty funny!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lord

Lord Jr Member

I did read. It is not funny. It is true. And imagine for me every show was just to go and get back 300-400 euros. Of course the best we do is wipe the dog with a wet towel to look pretty. We dont do all this gay stuff. By the way the last show that was also a championship i didnt even bother to wipe them down. It was muddy and i left them with that. Still 3rd place

13. von Cosack

von Cosack Novitiate

If you wiped him down was 2nd. possible??? This is a question with many answers. What country are you competing in? What federation akc, udc (etc) what is sport, ipo 1, ipo 3, Fr. Ring etc. To many variables. If your in Italy compared to the States the cost is very different.

Where do you find this dog that can compete on all levels and be a respected competitor. We are talking about Dobermanns, right. VON.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lord

Lord Jr Member

What i am saying is that is that we dont groom the dogs. The chulk or colour means disqualification. U just have the dog clean. Thats it when it comes to grooming.

15. MLR

MLR Novitiate

I think the confusion is coming in because, in English, grooming means the same thing as cleaning Lord. When you say color do you mean adding something to their coat to make their color darker? That's what I'm getting from what you're saying.

16. Lord

Lord Jr Member

yes whatever. Like chulk thing. In my club u get disqualified.

17. MLR

MLR Novitiate

Do you have access to an English language converter Lord? Not trying to be rude or anything but what does chulk mean?

18. von Cosack

von Cosack Novitiate

It means mediocre, not sure what Lord is refering to. Maybe a less then desirable coat???? VON.

19. Lord

Lord Jr Member

Like powder. Do not worry i dont get offended. I dont look at dictionaries no. I am too bored

20. MLR

MLR Novitiate

So this powder is something added to a dobes coat to make them look better maybe than they are? And some do this? I'm just trying to learn form this thread.