Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Fun PUPPY contest.....

Discussion in 'Contests' started by DoUrden, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoUrden

DoUrden Novitiate

Sorry the update didn't come as planned. Here's the final results.....
    Pup #7 arrived at 3:05am, followed by a lack of continuing contractions. We planned on waiting till 7am to call the vet, since Hlin was in no distress whatsoever, before we gave her an oxytocin injection. We palpated what felt like 1 very LARGE puppy followed by 1 or 2 more behind. We didn't want to give her the shot only to have this rather large pup get lodged, or worse yet, rupture her uterus! Anyway, the vet called us at 6:45 to check in on her progress from the night before. Off we go to the 'on call' vets office, over an hour away!
    Andy, Hlin, all 7 pups and I arrived at the vets office just after 8am. The first thing we did was x-ray to discover that there was NOT 1 large pup as thought, but rather 2 pups in a 69 position. So, we gave her the shot and Andy and I went to work. Since Hlin had started her delivery with an afterbirth unattached to a puppy, we now had to get the 'true' pup #1 removed. Yes, puppy #8 was our stillborn that had blocked the works all night. Apparently all of the other pups had to get past this one to make it to delivery. Anyway, with a LOT of manual assistance from Andy and I, the final 3 were born! That's right. NO SURGERY!!!
    We now have 9 beautiful black puppies (3 boys and 6 girls). Our lost pup was another black little girl. It would appear that Hlin is now my second dominant black dog!!! Just what every breeder needs to keep that rich, dark mahogany going!
    As for our contest, the sad, uncertified winner is Paul. Too bad he didn't post his guess in the thread, but, rather in the chat room. He actually guessed 7f/3m. The actual winner though is Jess (MarineGeeksWife) with her guess of 10 pups. Thank ALL of you for joining in Hlin's adventure! Pics to be posted in another thread.....

• Like Like x 4
  2. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Glad to hear surgery wasn't necessary. Love to mom and her 9 black beauties!

3. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow...I never win anything, lol. Still so very proud of momma for all her hard work. And great job to you and Andy!

4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Congrats, Jess! :thumbsup:

5. hexi99

hexi99 Active Member

congrats jess and congrats on the new pups and glad to know mommy is doing well.

6. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

CONGRATULATIONS Jess!!!! :stars:

7. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

with all the excitment i complete forgot about this : CONGRATS JESS :party::stars:

8. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Congrats Jess!

And congrats on the new litter DeDe! Give Mama a big pat for us. :doggyhug2:

9. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

Congrats Jess, you gotta let us see what ya get with your giftcard. I am super happy that everything went well and mom and pups are doing fine :D

10. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

Here's my new shirt! Thanks DeDe!

Spock thinks I look funny
    [​IMG]

He's a little intimidated by the shirt photo
    [​IMG]

Ok, a good one
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  11. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

It looks great and you and Spock are perfect models! Thanks for posting!

12. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Nice shirt Jess!! Great pic of the two of you also...thanks for sharing!!

13. DoUrden

DoUrden Novitiate

Thanks, Jess! That is awesome!!!
    psssttt.....Spock, dude, don't worry. You're gonna put that shirt to shame someday. :D

14. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

LOL love the narrations, all the pics are great :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.