• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Frozen Raw Femur Bones

Cranekc35

!. Do you give them to them frozen or wait until thawed out a little?
2. Can you place them back in the freezer after they have chewed for a while or throw away due to possible bacteria?
3. Should I take all of the marrow out first to prevent possible diarrhea or should I leave a little there for the great benefits?

Do you give them to them frozen or wait until thawed out a little?
I give them frozen so they get the meaty stuff off before it thaws.
Can you place them back in the freezer after they have chewed for a while or throw away due to possible bacteria?
It depends how long they've been out a room temperature.
Should I take all of the marrow out first to prevent possible diarrhea or should I leave a little there for the great benefits?
I leave it.

Once meat is gone and some marrow, I would throw them away. One reason is that the femur bone is one of the hardest bones in the body. You don't want broken teeth. But it also depends on how aggressive chewers they are.
Maybe a knuckle bone with more meat on it.

Back