1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

From the shout box conversation

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Gelcoater, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Goodness. I read all the comments and didn't want to peer pressure Tad...but...here I am :D

I do believe that females put male dogs into their place. She might just teach Oji to calm down as she asserts herself.

I suppose with Oji being in tact there could be risk of her becoming a hump toy, but I'm not sure. She wouldn't give off the vibe so he might not react to her that way? Plus she wouldn't accept it, she would make it known to him and Oji would stop. Kaiser plays with a spayed 3.5 year old girl. She is totally in charge. Even on his own territory!

As for the nips, wouldn't you be able to find out definitively whether she's been bred? If doctors can tell on human women then the same indicators should be present on female dogs...just guessing. The female K plays with was only spayed at 3 and she did have large ones but was never bred. They are still rather big now too, at least to me. It might just be genetics dictating the size.

She loves her crate. Might be able to teach Oji by example! They do learn from each other. I have no doubt about that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Pet peeve of mine: Why name her Jezebell? Some biblical names just need to stop being used for their negative connotation.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

We've got a rescue coming to the UK anyday, too. He's a boy though and I'm thinking we need a girl. He's a gorgeous boy though!

IMG_5226.PNG

Oh and another boy, too...,

IMG_5227.PNG

• Like Like x 6
  6. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Atilla looks and sounds like Kaiser! He is indeed gorgeous!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That Atllla is handsome!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

You caught that. ;)
    And, you're damn right. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gelcoater

Hmm.
    After reading this, I have to say.
    I'm sorry, Tad.
    Didn't mean to throw things like that?
    But Kaiser is right.
    Peer pressure.

I got excited for you.
    But, you know you and your family dynamic better than me, or "us".
    Only you and your family know if the time or this girl is right for you.
    I will say, if you do seriously consider this girl or any other, you must take Oji with you to approve.
    He has to live with her too, and on a much different level than you.
    It is changing his entire life/family dynamic.

I could also tell you, I believe in my heart she was a more happy dog after he came into the picture (after she got used to him ;) ) mostly because he could go at a speed equal to or challenging her own.
    That and she was smarter than him, and she knew it without question. ;)
    :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  10. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I tend to agree with @Oh Little Oji here for several reasons. @Gelcoater said it first, only Tad knows what would work for his family. Sounds like Oji is more than enough dog for his family with the travel his wife likes to do. Then there's the fact that there is no guarantee that a second dog would work. It can be a great thing or your worst nightmare. Add in that this girl was given up for a reason that we don't know could in fact make some of the challenges Oji presents worse.
    Given the recent experience my son had with a rescue, I have to be honest and say my opinion is biased. We are frowning on rescues ATM, not the dogs themselves, just the irresponsible rescues.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

This is a good point.

12. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

So...what's @Oh Little Oji thinking today ;) Have there been any discussions at home?

• Like Like x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  13. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Here's a little girl already practicing how to control boys, even one that is much bigger than her! K is 1 yr, she is the runt of her litter at maybe 10 weeks. image.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Here is the 3.5 year old girl. Keeping K off his own deck in his own yard! He frustration barked twice. She stayed put and he walked away. image.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Here's a 6 yr old female (rescued at age 3). She gives off mixed signals to younger males, but never any issues.

Attached Files:

16. Gelcoater

image.jpg

17. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I said NOT the dogs, but the rescues. I have NOTHING against rescued dogs, just with some of the organizations that handle the dogs.

goober girl.jpg

Gennys boy memorial.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

I agree, I feel bad for the dogs but you also have to consider many of these dogs will be getting refined with a lot of baggage and may need extra training to over come there issues. I have more people looking for training whobhaved rescued a dog from a shelter than any thing else.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Not that she has been bred. That she is still intact. Nipple size varies from bitch to bitch and can be genetic.

• Like Like x 2