1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

From the shout box conversation

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Gelcoater, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

@Oh Little Oji

That girl has an adorable face.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    She does look rather thin.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. MischasMomma

MischasMomma Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Oh that face :love: but poor girls hips are protruding!!

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

The site said the weight issue will be fixed and I agree that she's beautiful and most likely decently bred but fell in the hands of the wrong person.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Prushanks

Prushanks Hot Topics Subscriber

She is beautiful!!!:love: That face just begs for someone to love her!! :love:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

OH, look what you did, Gel. I'll paste in here what I wrote in the chat box a few minutes ago.

1. Yeah? I figure they'd play each other into comas every day. My backyard attempt at reviving a "lawn" would be decimated.
    2. [​IMG] 3 minutes ago - Oh Little Oji:
      That female up for adoption keeps popping into my mind, but I am just picturing the good parts. Plenty of bad comes with it, including double the dog expenses. It would have to be my wife wanting her, not me wanting her.
    3. [​IMG] 3 minutes ago - Oh Little Oji:
      So yeah. I think we are a one-Dobe household.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Oh Little Oji

She actually strikes me as Euro – the substantial snout for a female (at least flews, which are actually a bit excessive). The coloration and markings too.

Her head shape is nice! Big ears though.

Nice, rather deeply-set eyes.

See, I'm not right for adoption. I am analyzing her looks. :spit:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

Wait, wait...Tad your thinking of adding? THAT is an awesome idea!! I vote YES!!:yatta:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Oh Little Oji

Not really thinking of it. I wanted to alert folks here in case they wanted to pursue this female.

Question: Does anyone know if those sort of enlarged nipples on a female dog indicate that it has been bred before?

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. MischasMomma

I didn't see the shout box convo or website... Good to know its being addressed! That's a sigh of relief!

My guess would be yes... I got asked a lot if Mischa had puppies at home because she had (has?) Larger than normal nipples (no, she was never bred!!) And hers were never as big as pictured there... But I suppose it's possible she just has big nipples like Misch does??

Ps. I vote adopt her too! Oji would love a sister to play with!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gelcoater

There's no info on her?

Her colors are almost SA like. Deep rust.
    You're probably right with her being of euro blood but her color does remind me of those to our south.

Extra costs is right! At least two to three times the water consumed when there's two, so also twice the abnormal patterns on the floors ;)
    Twice the food, twice the vet bills, twice the noise at times. A lot of negatives.

On the positives, I'll start with the last negative. Only a fool would consider breaching your perimeters with the racket those two would make.

And if they did anyway?

Well.:cool::dobe::dobe::eek:

Which would hurt more you suppose? The one latched on to the arm/shoulder joint?
    Or the one latched on somewhere below the belt?:shock:

Twice the fun. It will present some challenges at times, but such is life.

I'm sure I have said it here before. I learned a lot about Daisy when Rocky came into the picture.
    I learned she was smarter than I even thought. I learned just how reserved she was with other dogs she had contact with, because she never attempted to play with them at the level she did with Rocky.

I also learned a lot about their posture, their unspoken language. Little ques and bigger ones.
    You could see an entire conversation happen through body movement and posture, not a sound was made.

They're always entertaining as a pair, never a dull moment.

• Like Like x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  11. Gelcoater

It doesn't necessarily.
    Daisy got that after heats sometimes. Breasts enlarged, leaking. False pregnancy.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. MischasMomma

Many of the reasons I have 90% talked hubby into dobe #2 when Misty passes. I desperately want to be a 2 dobe house... I already have 2 dogs, so a dobe will eat a little more than misty but flea and tick is the same weight range. Wont be much change for me, and Mischa will actually have someone to play with... Since he doesnt allow her to play rough with Scooby. Thank you to all the members with 2 (or more) who I could reference and show him pics and videos of 2+ together from here!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Oh Little Oji

There would be some epic play sessions, that's for sure!

On the barking: Yes, our home security would be increased! I am pretty sure at the same time though that we would become nuisance neighbors. Oji is a very vocal Doberman. Heck it could be said he's an extremely vocal Doberman. One of the biggest areas of my focus in training him has been controlling his barking. This applies both in the yard and in the house. We live in a congested old neighborhood. We actually scored one of the best lots on the street in that it has more space on either side of it than almost all of the other lots. Some houses are maybe 8' from each other. Barky dogs are just not appropriate here. After my girls go to bed and I engage in my night-owlery, I must be on alert for Oji going to the uncovered front windows of the house and spotting something (95% of the time animal) at which to bark. I just don't see it as doable trying to maintain a tenable situation with two.

14. Gelcoater

image.jpg
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 4
  15. Gelcoater

I can relate, Rocky is a loud mouth.
    It really is his only flaw. The lack of desire for the car sorta sucks but I can deal. The barking irritates the shit out of me but I don't really worry about the neighbors complaining.
    It used to be much easier to shut him up.

"Daisy! Go get Rocky!!"....."Get Him!"

:devil:

That's all it took. :)

She spoiled me.:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  16. MischasMomma

Mischas quiet lol misty is the loud mouth. Mischa will do a low growl amd yips but not much of a barker at all. Unless shes in her crate when she doesn't want to be. Then all hell breaks loose and shes louder than I ever expected she could possibly be :banghead:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MischasMomma

Oh and my mom and I were actually just talking about this she said except when they had 2, all they did was fight. I pointed out, they had 2 females and talked to her about SSA. Almost every paired set of dobes I could think of from here were opposite sex, with the off the top of my exception was @strykerdobe, @Archer, and @Max Hawk (I'm sure there are more though)... My parents "inherited" an untrained 4 year old female when our female was about 2, and it didnt go well. They should have said no, and know it, because their current one (this was way back in the 80s, I don't even remember this) had been abused and didn't do well with other people outside our household, they had no idea how shed be with other dogs. Their love of the breed took over though and they crate and rotated until Kaz passed a few years later from cancer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

She's a really pretty girl, that's for sure. She does have some big ol' ears going on :)

The first pic I absolutely adore :love:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Oh Little Oji

Yeah, this adoptable female would probably be a nice match for Oji. She is said to be submissive, or skittish or something, and Oji is fairly dominant. I would be concerned that he would just turn her into his hump toy part of the time. Who knows though. It might be inherent in many females to put the kibosh on that.

20. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

I read her description and she sounds perfect! I love that they even say she's not perfect because she tries to get tidbits of food off counters. That is hardly a flaw when we consider that the poor soul looks so hungry and likely developed that habit just to survive. Being fed properly she won't need to counter surf.

That she is afraid of yelling means someone's been yelling at her and I wonder what for? She seems so good! She has a nice "passive" personality. I say it's nice because a quiet energy dog is so much easier to work with. No aggression issues is just perfection in my book.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1