1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

For Fred and Kali

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Gelcoater, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

With a sad heart I post this on behalf of Fred C and Kali.

Kali will be going to be with Mars on Monday.

She was diagnosed with breast cancer. It has since spread to her inner thigh.

He'd considered surgery, but the reality is with her heart recovery recovery is hopeful at best.

Please send them a prayer.

image.jpg

• Empathetic Empathetic x 10
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. blacknrust

blacknrust Notable member

:( I'm so sorry. Prayers being sent...

• Like Like x 1
  3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I've been in touch with Fred a few times today too and my heart totally breaks. :( Both Mars and Kali have been a big part of my life since I've been here and they've had wonderful lives with Fred but it's so damn hard to say goodbye.... My prayers go out to all of them.

As many of you probably know, Kali is Albert's mother too so it's very heartbreaking....
    Kali April 11.JPG

• Empathetic Empathetic x 12
  4. Gelcoater

Fred, if you read this.
    I believe you know Monday Oct 2 will mark one year since Daisy passed.

Every October second, as long as we both breath air, we will mourne this day together. No matter how many miles separate us.

I hope they have a blast up there together.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 10
  5. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

My heart is heavy and breaking for you Fred. Words cannot begin to touch the abyss of sadness and loss that you are feeling.
    Gel my heart breaks for you as well as the day approaches marking a year from the loss of Daisy.
    Giving up our family members to run the rainbow bridge is a monumental loss of a part of us and the anguish so deep it becomes gutteral.
    I just acknowledged the 2 yr mark for my girl and the depth of that pain reaches so deep inside of me that breathing, walking, hearing, eating becomes an effort similar to walking in quick sand.
    Just know you both are in my thoughts and prayers as you navigate this impossible field of emotional land mines.:sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How heartbreaking. Praying for Fred and Kali. Also praying for Jan and Lisa.

Kali will be missed

• Like Like x 4
  7. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

I'm so sorry. Praying for you

• Like Like x 5
  8. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry to hear the news. May she go peacefully. Prayers sent for all.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Prushanks

Prushanks Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh Fred.. you and your family are in my heart. This loss is deeply felt throughout DCF. And we deeply miss your presence here on the forum.

Gel, I can't believe it's been a year already. Sweet water-dog Daisy is playing til her hearts delight with all our dear babies that have crossed over.

Two years for that strong, gentle Gracie... that beautiful girl that fought and fought to stay with her Momma.

And six months for my sweet puppy Miesha...

Autumn has always been my favorite season, but it's also laced with sadness for so many. All we can really do is hold our living pups tightly, love them as we love those that watching over us from above.
    Run free Kali, Daisy, Gracie and Miesha.
    :sorrow:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. bomary

bomary Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh, my heart just absolutely sank. I SO miss Fred being here. Mars is the first dog here that I "knew" and "we lost," and I read all of every thread about his illness as well as many of his good times. It is very clear that Fred's heart is his Dobes, and I ached when Mars passed. Then, I re-read SO many posts about his illness when Jaxie was going through his struggles that looked so much like Pemphigus. I missed Fred even more then because I so wanted to get his take on the situation, and he's a straight-shooting, dog-loving dude.
    It is so clear that that man loves his sweet babies deeply in a way that a lot of people just don't "get." ("We" do, but y'all know what I mean.) I think of Fred and Kali often and always hope they are doing well. I just HATE to see this.
    Fred is definitely in my prayers and thoughts...I am just heart-broken for him.
    Damn it. Just, damn it.
    Sweet Kali...go tell all of "our babies" hello, and you guys play and do stuff "we" wouldn't let ya do.
    Just, damn it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  11. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I did not forget sweet Meisha. I started crying and had to stop writing as I know the pain you felt watching that sweet girl going through those things and know how difficult it was for you. I just get so very emotional and find myself in tears.
    Love you and sweet sweet Miesha!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Fred, my heart aches for you and Kali. I hate this for anyone. It's one of the worst part of pet ownership. I pray for strength, I pray for Peace in your heart. I know Kali will be out of pain and still be silently walking by your side. I wish we could all be with you now. Give her a hug from all of us. She won't be forgotten. None of our DCF Angels will be forgotten!

[[[[HUGS]]]]

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. JanS

Sadly she did go over the bridge peacefully this morning and like Fred said, she's free from pain now.

3/9/08 - 9/30/17
    RIP MiNomine (mine o mine) aka Kali

Run free beautiful Kali. :sorrow:

• Empathetic Empathetic x 9
  14. bomary

bomary Hot Topics Subscriber

When I went and got in bed last night, Jax was already in the bed (taking up most of it) sleeping. I threw an arm and a leg over him and cried into his back just thinking of the emotions and thoughts that would be going through Fred's mind and heart for the next two days. After about 15 minutes of me crying on him, he rolled over and threw his front paw over me and snuggled his snout under my neck...he's a good little "comforter" when I'm down. I don't know if it is better or worse that it happened this way (it freaking sucks no matter what), but I am glad that sweet girl is feeling no pain.
    I hate to think about the pain that Fred is feeling, though. I've never experienced it, and I don't really know how I'll get through it when it comes. I sometimes even question my wisdom in bringing Jax into my life because I can't hardly handle when we lose our babies on DCF (that I don't "really" even know.) I can't stand to think of it.
    Prayers for Fred. I just absolutely hate that this happened. I can't get it out of my head...makes me think of the others "we've" lost, and I miss them too...and hurt for "their people" (my friends from afar). There is just no way to describe the love we have for these babies, and it is heartbreaking for them to go. What a sad day. I am so sorry that Fred is going through this again. I hope one day he will decide to rejoin us here...I miss him a great deal.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Gelcoater

:(

I haven't heard from him do I don't know the why's or what's of today.
    I have a text out.
    Like I said, I'm here, man. Remember I'm on Pacific time. Text me, call me, or whatever. I'll be up.

16. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

My heart is heavy with sadness. RIP beautiful Kali :sorrow:

We have all experienced what you are going through, it's the great void that they leave and part of our hearts have been broken :(

Sending thoughts of peace and comfort to you, Fred as you remember your special girl.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Lucian

Lucian Member

To love them... is to know that when the day comes that you get your heart back it's covered in muddy paw prints and wet slobbery kisses. Every journey will end a different way, it's the story that was written and the song that you sung that makes the memories play on. As long as you hold them deep within your heart you will never truly ever be apart. The connection that we make with them is deeper than most know, stitched and woven with their love inside our souls.

My heart goes out to Fred. Even though I never had the opportunity to get to meet him on here. I know just how very bad it hurts.
    Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.
    :sorrow: Run free Sweet Kali :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so sorry, Fred. :(

Rest in Peace, Kali :sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  19. JanS

I guess if there's any consolation in this whole thing, his girlfriend still has Demi (Kali's daughter) so at least he can still be around a part of her.

• Like Like x 2
  20. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

I just saw this thread...
    I am so sorry Fred. I know how hard it is to say goodbye... :sorrow: