• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Florida Rescue

marywillowmoon

My husband has a friend who lives in Florida and looking for a rescue Dobe. Is there anyone in the area who has rescue links I can give him.

Thank you
Mary

There are 2 great rescues here in Florida the first one is Florida Doberman Rescue (FDR) http://www.fldobermanrescue.bizland.com/ . The contact there is Jane and she is wonderful to talk to.

The second one is Pam Grey with Redland Rescue you can contact her at [email protected].

Both of these rescues are very reputable and wonderful to work with.

If your friend doesn't mind driving, he should consider the Atlanta area as well. I got my rescue from Cheryl Morrow. Cheryl is Akolade dobermans and runs Southeast Atlanta Doberman Rescue. Cheryl is a great person to work with. I highly recommend her.

Good luck in your search.

Hello Everyone. I'm a former DoberMama who lost her 10.5 yo female 2 years ago to spondylosis (sp?) - she lost her mobility and I couldn't stand to see her struggle anymore so I made the decision to let her go. Anyway, I still miss my girl every day and would love to have another female (I do get to DoberSit on a fairly regular basis, but that's not nearly enough DoberLove for my liking). If anyone knows of a young DoberGirl needing a home, I would love to hear about her. Thanks and I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hello Everyone. I'm a former DoberMama who lost her 10.5 yo female 2 years ago to spondylosis (sp?) - she lost her mobility and I couldn't stand to see her struggle anymore so I made the decision to let her go. Anyway, I still miss my girl every day and would love to have another female (I do get to DoberSit on a fairly regular basis, but that's not nearly enough DoberLove for my liking). If anyone knows of a young DoberGirl needing a home, I would love to hear about her. Thanks and I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Where are you located, so we can push you in the right direction ;)
And welcome to DC, so glad to have you on board.

:welcomesign: to DCF! I hope you find someone to fill your heart and home soon! Keep us updated! :)

Sorry guys for the absence - I'm in West Pasco County about 20 miles north of Clearwater. Still looking for my next girl. I'll check (and bookmark) the links provided. :thanks2:

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

I should also have stated that the DoberGirl I adopt should be cat friendly, as she'll have a little sissy name Lily. Although, when I brought Lily home, my Raven didn't like her at all and snapped/clicked her jaws at her, but they learned to be great friends and truly loved each other. I'm still working to get the dobergirl I dog-sit to not chase Lily, but they tolerate each other well enough that I know I won't come home and find a killed kitty (and Lily just goes out the dog/cat door and hangs out outside). After all, Abby (who's just turned 3 and still acts like she's 1) just wants to play with her. :friends:

Ask for Gary!!!!

Dobermann Rescue of Lake Placid, Inc. 863-446-0429
Diablo, Lucy, Stretch, Dolcey, Sarah, Ritzer, Chloe,
& 13 Fosters:
Lexy, Noah, Ozzie,
Bandit, Cane, Able,
Mia, Kharma,
Jobe, Peanut 2,
Zues 5, Lindsey,
Sidney & Gary
Adoptions for 2010 = 16
www.dobermannrescue.org