1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Flip Flop

Discussion in 'Doberman Health Issues and Questions' started by Anders, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Anders

Anders New Member

So, I was getting a pedicure and left my hubby with Roxy(6 mths). He decided to go trim our tree and left her alone for 20 mins. He came in to find part of my flip flop eaten. Just the heel part . She’s eating,drinking,playing and peeing fine. Hasn’t pooped yet. Do I need to worry??

2. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

It's foam rubber so it will not break down. I would certainly keep a close eye on her and take her out to potty on a leash so you are certain if she poops or not. If she doesn't poop by morning, starts throwing up or has liquid squirst... I would have her seen a.s.a.p.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anders

Anders New Member

She is pooping, no pieces yet.

4. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

Do you have any idea on what size the pieces were broken down to? Post a pic of the destroyed choncla.

5. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

You posted that at 5:35. As Panama stated, keep an eye on her to see if her eating/drinking habits change. She pooped, great! but I truly wouldn’t feel in the clear until 48hrs after incident. I would be on poop patrol until I saw pieces or at least 3-4 poops later.

When they are obstructed, uncomfortable and in pain, it is noticeable. Very subdued, head down and moving like there is something really wrong.

Best wishes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Anders

Anders New Member

In talking to my hubby he said that there pieces all around the floor- so not sure how much she possibly ate. Still acting fine- pooped this morning. Will keep a close eye on her.

7. Anders

Anders New Member

It was the heel portion - it’s an Old Navy flip flop and she chewed up to name - so not too much was consumed