First time ear cropped and it’s bleeding a lot the next day!! Please help

jupiter

Novitiate
My first time posting, please help. I am a worried mom. Jupiter is 9 weeks old and he just got his ears cropped yesterday. The vet advised us to take off his bandage the next day. And we did, his one ear is fine but the other started bleeding a lot when we took the bandage off. He is also shaking his head and scratching a lot. Is this normal? what should I do? I have attached some pictures as well. Please help. Thank you. 5AD9C25C-7B50-411B-8746-F3E6059F1640.jpeg

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
I'm guessing it should clear up by tomorrow or the next day. At least the vet did a cone and left the exposed edges uncovered like they're supposed to be.

Has he been tested for vWD? If he happened to be affected it might be more to worry about.

jupiter

Novitiate
I'm guessing it should clear up by tomorrow or the next day. At least the vet did a cone and left the exposed edges uncovered like they're supposed to be.

Has he been tested for vWD? If he happened to be affected it might be more to worry about.
Thank you! The blood has dried up now. This is what it’s looking like at the moment. AD34BD90-E444-4AA0-BF07-DA490593566E.jpeg