Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

First heat?

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Minionmama, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Minionmama

Minionmama Member

Twi is almost 7 months old. She's acting strange lately. Is it too soon for her first heat?

2. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

The age seems like it could be time. But I've never had a female. I bet those who do know will ask what you are noticing.

3. Minionmama

Minionmama Member

She's licking herself, rubbing against the walls, pacing around. I think her vulva looks larger than normal but I'm unsure. No bleeding yet but I wanted to be prepared.

4. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

A clear plastic sheet over her crate might be a good start for sparing your walls. At least that is what @GOD'S GRACE seems to do with Grace.

I've got a male, and it swings and splashes all over, so I am constantly trying to get that stuff off every thing :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Minionmama

Minionmama Member

So on another note. Is it unusual that she is able to pull the whole sheet though the metal grate of her crate? We never tried to cover it until recently but when we do she somehow pulls the sheet through the grate at night uncovering her crate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Such typical dobe behavior. Hahaha

Sounds like she is coming into heat. My girl came in early so it’s not too early. Each one is different. Just keep an eye on her.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. XerxesYoga

XerxesYoga Notable member

Audrey heat was before age one. 11.5 months ( She will be in second heat soon)
    Try to cover the crate with a large towel. Plastic not comfy and cozy.
    First sign of heath is they sniff more and pee more often. Audrey sometime lift her leg and pees.
    She pulls me to pee on certain spot very specific.
    Like it is serious business.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

Mine went into heat at 11.5 months as well. If your unsure just wait a week, when it starts to swell you'll know FO SHO! Lol Then the bleeding starts...Ruby's first heat was minimal bleeding as well as slightly more with her 2nd and 3rd. Her fourth...(she is in heat now) A LOT more bleeding. She's been wearing her doggie diapers I bought from Angelpuppi off of Ebay. She custom makes some really cute and sturdy panties.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

My girl came into heat at 8 months. Lol good luck it’s not fun lol

10. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Naaaah... it's not *that* bad! We were very lucky in that Rubie's mood hardly changed - just keep up your daily routine!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. WiglWerm

Other than the bleeding, my girl acts the same.

12. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Lol Athena gets more cuddly but yes not much more change then that. It’s Ares that makes it a pain... lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Echo was 9 mo her first heat and 7 mo like clockwork every heat after (most are every 6 mo).
    My first female was 11 mo her first heat and every 6 mo after that.

Echo gets VERY needy when she's in heat.

14. XerxesYoga

They needy all the time heat or not! :pullhair:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Minionmama

Minionmama Member

Might have been a false alarm but now I'm thinking I need to be prepared with some doggy diapers for when the time comes. So, what does everyone use? Links are appreciated. Pic just because I love my girl! IMAG2604.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  16. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Definitely get yourself prepared. They can have something called split heat. It's where their system's aren't mature enough to induce ovulation so they go into heat again real soon. For Rumor it was about 2 months.

17. XerxesYoga

This happen for Audrey. However time frame was 3 months.

18. WiglWerm

Angelpuppi off of Ebay. She custom makes some really cute and sturdy panties.

19. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

On Amazon. They have a very large selection.
    [​IMG]

20. NikiL02

NikiL02 Formerly Nlr02 $ Forum Donor $

Someone here used to use little girl panties that they put a hole in for the tail... LOL

Make sure to record her heats. If there's an issue, the vet will ask when her last cycle was. It's also a good indicator if she skips a heat or two, which you want to have checked out. Seeing pyrometra in dogs isn't fun. :(