First ear cropping

John S

This is my first Dobermann and first time ear cropping. I have to say this forum has been an amazing wealth of knowledge on ear cropping care and posting methods. Thank you all so much.

My wife and I went back and forth on cropping. We finally decided too. We were blessed to have Mona Fasth in Colorado do our cropping. She was awesome. Anyone in Colorado should definitely look her up. Our dog’s ears look great.

Now begins the road of recovery and then posting. I will be posting updates and pictures. Once again thanks you guys so much for all the knowledge on this forum. Our little Doberman is such an amazing little guy.

Attachments

• 9704BABF-9305-4251-9CB3-0266374B0201.jpeg
    9704BABF-9305-4251-9CB3-0266374B0201.jpeg
    588.8 KB · Views: 28
I see the vet cropped the bell too so looks like they'll be very nice!!

Welcome from Louisiana!!

I am currently in Denver/Commerce City for daughters soccer tournament.

Where are you?

Lots of folks seem to have issues with posting….
If you follow the procedure to the T, you should have no issues. There’s a way to do it and a way not to do it.

All the info you need is on this site. Ask as many questions you need, don’t be bashful.

Lots of folks seem to have issues with posting….
If you follow the procedure to the T, you should have no issues. There’s a way to do it and a way not to do it.

All the info you need is on this site. Ask as many questions you need, don’t be bashful.
We are going to let the vet that did the cropping do the posting at first. Maybe after a month or two, I’ll try my hand at it.

I have been reading about posting methods and the dos and don’ts on this forum. This place is a great wealth of knowledge. I feel very fortunate to have a place with so much experience. I definitely won’t be shy about asking questions. We also have the vet to help us as well.

I miss the puppy. They grow extremely fast, enjoy it while you can.

The whirlwind of Dobershark and Doberteens will be here before you know it.

Try to take weekly/bi-monthly pictures next to an object like a bucket, basket, plant….to show the comparison on how fast he grows.

Name of your pup?

Welcome from south Florida! Make sure you post long enough so ears can develop properly.

our 8 month old, we posted till about 6 1/2 to 7 months

C3AFCD2C-2FF7-44D9-B006-0B7E8B003F54.jpeg

I miss the puppy. They grow extremely fast, enjoy it while you can.

The whirlwind of Dobershark and Doberteens will be here before you know it.

Try to take weekly/bi-monthly pictures next to an object like a bucket, basket, plant….to show the comparison on how fast he grows.

Name of your pup?
Siegfried

I figured I’d post an update of Siegfried. His ears are healing up nice. He is back to his playful self and we have been working on his training. He has sit, stay and come down really well.9FE79EB6-6B9B-4ABB-95E3-EBAD0C42FB7F.jpeg

We are going to let the vet that did the cropping do the posting at first. Maybe after a month or two, I’ll try my hand at it.

I have been reading about posting methods and the dos and don’ts on this forum. This place is a great wealth of knowledge. I feel very fortunate to have a place with so much experience. I definitely won’t be shy about asking questions. We also have the vet to help us as well.
I highly recommend you do the posting yourself. It's truly not that difficult and it actually became a bonding time with me & my pup. To this day, if I go to clean her ears she lays her head in my lap and leans into the cleaning with pleasure. As everyone else has said, your questions are welcome here and we'll help you get through the posting!

Back