CatheryneB

I hope someone can help. In 2009 I attended Spruce Meadows in Calgary. While I was there I met a man named Chuck and his stunning Doberman, Boomer, who was a European import. An absolute standout quality dog and very well trained. I would very much like to contact Chuck. The dog world and the showjumping world are big but small at the same time. And a dog of Boomers quality stands out. No doubt Boomer is gone by now, but I am hoping that this rings a bell with someone and they have a way I can connect. Really appreciate your help!!

Boomer was a very high quality intact male, so I would suspect that he would have bred. I do not know if Chuck had his own females and was actually a Breeder himself. I want to say no, but I’m not certain. Chuck was very knowledgeable and no doubt would have been very particular about the quality of bitch that Boomer covered. I vaguely remember that Chuck had friends who were breeders and Boomer may have serviced them. I do think he competed Boomer. I think it was probably in obedience classes but it may have been schutzhund. Sorry I don’t know more. The dog obviously made an impression as I clearly remember him 10 years later!

I am assuming Boomer was his called name, I don’t suppose you know if or what his kennel name was. The name doesn’t stand out as any stud that I have seen on a pedigree but kennel names and the dogs called name are often very different.

Yes, I assume so. I so wish I had his official name. I know it’s a needle in a haystack job. I really want to find him!!

Do you recall if this guy Chuck had a horse competing that day? I don’t know how the horse jumping world works but if he had a horse competing maybe there are records of who was entered in the competition and their owners and maybe track down Chuck that way?

I wonder if you might have more luck using the Calgary Doberman Owners group on Facebook. There are some local breeders in that group who go way back and are still involved with the kennel clubs that use Spruce Meadows. If it turns out that they limit that group to locals only, you could also contact the Alberta Doberman Pinscher Club. There is some overlap of that group with the fb group.

Do you recall if this guy Chuck had a horse competing that day? I don’t know how the horse jumping world works but if he had a horse competing maybe there are records of who was entered in the competition and their owners and maybe track down Chuck that way?
Yes, his daughter was competing, but unfortunately I do not know her name or their surname which makes it difficult. I have reached out to a few people who compete at Spruce. I think Chuck’s daughter was a regular competitor and that Chuck and Boomer were part of the show scene. There has to be someone who knows them. I will keep trying to find them that way too. Fingers crossed..

I wonder if you might have more luck using the Calgary Doberman Owners group on Facebook. There are some local breeders in that group who go way back and are still involved with the kennel clubs that use Spruce Meadows. If it turns out that they limit that group to locals only, you could also contact the Alberta Doberman Pinscher Club. There is some overlap of that group with the fb group.
That’s a great suggestion! I didn’t know about either of those groups. I will do that. Thank you!!

Also there is a horse forum, mostly English riding, jumpers etc. can't remember the exact name but I think it's called Cronicals of the Horse, or Horse Cronicals. You might ask this search question to the horse people. They might recall a Doberman owner going to big shows with his daughter.

Trying to load a photo right now but it doesn't seem to be working. Didn't want to keep pressing Post, afraid it would duplicate. Meet me over there so we don't hijack this thread...

Back