Faith's Show Career

Congratulations, Ainsley!! My, she is stunning!
Thank you!!!

Nothing to report from Oklahoma City, except we had a whole lotta fun :)

Next show will be in Topeka, Kansas August 13-17 and then the 19-23. We are showing Sat-Sun the first weekend and Fri-Sun the second. The second weekend there is also a Doberman specialty Friday and Sat.

Faith (Aria too) will be sitting for leg one of her BN. Soo excited :) I've scheduled it on my birthday!

Also slacking in this thread...

Faith took first place in her class in Topeka with no advancement.

She didn't go to DesMoines. She was pulled from Lawrence due to having emergency surgery. And we pulled her from Joplin for continued recovery (why Aria didn't go).

We are starting off the 2016 show season in St Joseph MO Feb 6-7. Wish us luck!

Thanks for following!!

Talked to my breeder and she's not planning on attending, so I would be without a handler :(

Also slacking in this thread...

Faith took first place in her class in Topeka with no advancement.

She didn't go to DesMoines. She was pulled from Lawrence due to having emergency surgery. And we pulled her from Joplin for continued recovery (why Aria didn't go).

We are starting off the 2016 show season in St Joseph MO Feb 6-7. Wish us luck!

Thanks for following!!

Wait, emergency surgery?? What did I miss and how did I miss that?!? Hope all is well!!

Wait, emergency surgery?? What did I miss and how did I miss that?!? Hope all is well!!
Yes :( I don't think I made a thread about it, because things were too crazy then for me to sit down and type it out. Thanks for your concern.

She is fine. Back in September, she was taking Prednisone for an acute case of idiopathic hives and we didn't know she was sensitive to it. It caused her GI motility to shut down completely, which caused a pseudo blockage in her stomach back into her intestines. It was pretty touch and go. BUT she is fine. They had to do emergency surgery to suction out her stomach and upper portion of her intestines because the fluid was at a standstill (intestines not moving it forward) and her stomach was starting to bloat. She lost 9 pounds through the ordeal. From initial symptoms to surgery was 5 days. Very scary. No more Prednisone for Miss Faith.

Oh gosh how scary!! So glad to hear everything is ok now! I'll admit I did "stalk" your posts trying to find out what happened! So glad it was caught in time and she's ok! Back to normal now? How long does something like that out her out for?

All your dogs are stunning, I just love seeing your pics!

Oh gosh how scary!! So glad to hear everything is ok now! I'll admit I did "stalk" your posts trying to find out what happened! So glad it was caught in time and she's ok! Back to normal now? How long does something like that out her out for?

All your dogs are stunning, I just love seeing your pics!
It was pretty scary. You would think after Aria's experience as a 4 month old I would be used to emergent situations with my dogs (not sure if you read that post, it's about 2 years old. Aria's Emergency Vet Visit) Nope! I was in no way emotionally prepared. I really should make a post about it.

Thanks for stalking me, lol.

She is back to her normal self now. Her surgery was the second week of October. She was shaved across her entire belly and up her sides for the surgery. That was one of the reasons she was pulled from showing for the remainder of the year. She also has lost a significant amount of body mass and looked sickly. It can take about 4-6 weeks to gain back a normal amount of body weight and the hair can take 6-8 weeks to fully grow back. Of course this can vary from dog to dog. We typically take a break from the show ring from November to January due to the Holidays and just needing a break from the craziness.

Thank you very much. I love my Doberkids. I have been blessed with awesome dogs :)

Faith took first place both days in ST Joseph, MO. Her sister Aria took Winners Bitch Saturday. Next stop Kansas City, MO followed by Wichita, KS April 8-10
image.jpeg

Wow you guys are kicking off the show season with a bang. Both beautiful girls!

Faith's conformation career has reached an end. It was a tough decision, but an easy one made for her. She shows well, but you can tell her heart isn't in it. She is happier and better suited for performance work, so we will continue down that path. She will be spayed March 29. We will continue to trial her in agility, obedience, nose work, barn hunt dock diving and lure coursing. Will use this thread to provide updates.

I don't blame you if her heart really isn't in it. As long as she enjoys those other things I'm sure she'll excel with them.

Fae has been busy since retiring from conformation. She has obtained a Barn Hunt Novice (RATN), Beginner Novice (BN), Rally Novice (RN), Trick Dog Novice (TKN), Trick Dog Intermediate (TKI) and FastCAT (BCAT) titles. Working towards her CD title as well a scentwork titles. Will finally get her dock diving titles this year too!!

Faeth is
Travista Strong As I Can Be BN RN CA CGCA WAC TKI RATN

Back