EzyDog Hiking Pack - Review

Brioddy

Ok! So a few of you may know after quite a bit of research I decided on a hiking pack for Brinks. It is the EzyDog Summit pack, and here’s what I have to say about it.

B6AF5805-9C10-412B-B230-676D4593A53A.jpeg

Overall I am fairly impressed with the pack. The stitching is tight, material is durable and waterproof for what I’d imagine most scenarios except maybe sans total submersion! It zips easily and solidly. Oh, and did I mention ROOMY? I can fit more stuff in this pack than my own! The pack on its own is lightweight. Brinks is comfortable wearing it and it stays in place even when completely empty, and he is scrambling through the brush.

1FFD507D-02F1-452C-A634-F3E1F928E3E5.jpeg
44D13D40-C01E-4296-8423-ECD077B5FC40.jpeg
The top is a thick padded mesh securely attached to the panier style packs on each side, I like the mesh because it will allow air flow to prevent overheating and for drying. The leash caddy is a nice bonus and the clips appear quite secure, however Brinks IS part Doberman so he will be attached by a collar!

7BFDAA68-33DC-4DD9-8661-6EE8C1B9BFC4.jpeg

This is the main compartment on each side, so much space!

5F689559-C91F-4BBC-B872-574FE8E22474.jpeg

On one side the smaller sections features an ID/medical card slot and ample room for smaller items. Both sides have dual zips that expand slightly with a mesh fabric in between.

97044A3B-14DF-4295-8039-24EE1F046C28.jpeg

The other side has a couple bungee style compartments for things such as your phone, wallet, or other similarly sized items you may want to easily access.

EDF6EBAC-ED9A-46EC-AD0E-B9C8CD3C122D.jpeg

After reading reviews from other experienced dog hikers before I decided to buy, one feature that was praised was the fact the zippers are closed towards the middle and then the flap completely covered the secondary compartment. The reasoning behind this is so that while on the trail, zippers that are positioned near the end routinely get snagged.

Overall the packs themselves are thoughtfully designed for real life use.

7A25BED5-E9F3-401A-ADE1-605199E4E23D.jpeg

The chest plate was another selling point for me. It helps greatly in alleviating pressure and aiding in uphill maneuvers. Also, it’s padded and seems comfortable.

48A4F344-5E57-41FB-9710-F40C3F1B57F7.jpeg

Another point for added comfort is the padded bits underneath where the clips attach.

Cons? Well, unlike many other packs this one does not have a rear strap. When Brinks puts his head down, the whole pack rides down around his neck where it could come off. That being said, I have it fairly loose and the straps underneath attach under his armpits that would be prevented if I had it tighter. I also wonder about long term comfort with the bare nylon straps on the shoulders and underneath, that being said I can easily construct some Wool fleece slips to Velcro around them.

In conclusion, we are both happy! For those wondering, I ordered a size large that fits him quite well with a 34” girth. This pack retails for $75, but I got mine from chewy for $64. I let him wear it for an hour or so mucking about the yard, but Monday we will use it on a real hike. I will update my review then!

D6FE9324-CB5D-4381-8726-E81EA62B2D82.jpeg

Looking good! We have an EzyDog harness for Tara that we use as a backup for when her Canicross harness goes in for adjustments. Really pleased with the quality and fit.

I can’t wait also! Also that’s good to hear, I browsed their other products and they also seemed to be fairly substantial!

Very nice review! I count on reviews on almost everything I buy. It's so helpful! Looks like a very nice pack! And you have a handsome model! :thumbsup2:

Back