1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Eye infection and red...

Discussion in 'Doberman Health Issues and Questions' started by norly99, Nov 6, 2019.

1. norly99

norly99 Novitiate

First time post. I came home to my 7 year old dobby with her eye red and the appearance of it rolling back. I read in a few other posts that it may be her third lid covering her eye. By the looks and what I have read it sounds like she may have poked her eye. Can anyone confirm this?

Attached Files:

• Wow x 1
  2. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Ouch! That looks nasty. I would take her to the vet and have him check her out.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

It could be anything from an infection, corneal abrasion to an Ectopic Cilia. No doubt there could be more possibilities. I think she needs to see a Vet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. CRDobe

CRDobe Notable member

Vet visit, asap.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

Eye injuries are nothing to mess with they can cause permanent damage. Take her to the vet ASAP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Any abnormalities of the eyes should be seen by a vet immediately to prevent it developing into blindness.

it could be Entropion which is corrected surgically. Ectropion, if very mild can be treated with medicated drops. If it’s more serious then surgery can repair it.

Just be sure to get to the vet as soon as possible to prevent further damage/deterioration of the eye.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. luckybeemer

luckybeemer Jr Member

Aw, poor sweet girl. I hope it isn't painful for her

8. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Agree with everyone else. Vet check ASAP!
    Keep us updated!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1