• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

European Breeders Refferal

khairalm

Novitiate
Hello Everyone,

My Fiance and I have been looking into adding a puppy to our family. We have looked into multiple breeds to see which one would fit our lifestyle and Energy level, and by far a Doberman from a show line would be the best/perfect fit. What made us decide on the Doberman breed was the beautiful balance of elegance, playfulness, protectiveness, and stoicism. It seems like this balance will lead to a more than loving new family member.

We would like to take our pup running and camping. We enjoy hanging at home and do not have any other pets or children at this time.

We are in talks with the DPC of Las Vegas already. Unfortunately, talks are going very slow, and we would like your opinion and advice as well.

We live in Las Vegas, but we are open to visit breeders all over the Southwest (also Canada's AB); and we are also willing to consider breeders nationwide (via air delivery) if the breeder's reputation is beyond any questions.

We are looking for a male European show Line.

Any recommendations on reputable breeders would be VERY MUCH appreciated, as we feel stuck and lost.

We understand that we will have to be put on a waiting list for quite a while. We just want some feedback on which breeders worth waiting for.

P.S. We reached out to Eve Augh from Irongate Doberman without luck hearing back.

Thank you,

Ddski5

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Hmmmm.....I don’t see a lot of info or traffic flow about Euro show line Dobermans.

You may need to open your search to NA and SA lineage....

I know you stated Euro but you may find a NA or SA litter on the ground or on the way. You look at and like the stature of the parents and health testing of a good reputable breeder.....Euro? NA? SA? don’t know how much all that really matters if you are not competing in a legit sport or competition.

I have both NA and SA and they have all the qualities you stated above and then some.

Good luck with your quest and
Welcome from Louisiana.

Oh Little Oji

Formerly Tad
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Hey, welcome!

It's a tough thing trying to find the right dog. I don't have any specific suggestions, but I hope you have success!

khairalm

Novitiate
Hmmmm.....I don’t see a lot of info or traffic flow about Euro show line Dobermans.

You may need to open your search to NA and SA lineage...

I know you stated Euro but you may find a NA or SA litter on the ground or on the way. You look at and like the stature of the parents and health testing of a good reputable breeder.....Euro? NA? SA? don’t know how much all that really matters if you are not competing in a legit sport or competition.

I have both NA and SA and they have all the qualities you stated above and then some.

Good luck with your quest and
Welcome from Louisiana.

In all honesty, the "European" part of our request is for aesthetic reasons. We like the bulkier (more "boxy" nose) look of the European lines, as opposed to the leaner, more defined American lines. I have not come across much information about SA lines, but what I gathered is that they closely resemble NA lines in looks and temperament.

And the reason we asked for a show line, is because we don't want the puppy to come from a European working line with super high drive. Yes, we are active people, but we are still bound to the 9-5.

Recommendations for breeders of any line would be more than welcome. Thank you for the warm welcome!

khairalm

Novitiate
Hey, welcome!

It's a tough thing trying to find the right dog. I don't have any specific suggestions, but I hope you have success!
Thank you.

It sure is not easy at all. My fiance and I are having analysis paralysis from the amount of breeders out there. I am sure a lot of them are ethical and have wonderful lines, but it doesn't make it any easier for us knowing the commitment and responsibility that comes with the choice.

Oh Little Oji

Formerly Tad
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Yeah. You know, as I think about this again, I am struck by how your search criteria resemble mine in a way. One breed/type of dog that I have on the table for my next dog is a nice big blocky Euro Dobe.

My last two have been Euro working-line Dobes. My previous one was pretty okay looking for a working Dobe, but not great. My current one is quite snipey, and he's narrow in the chest and just too dainty looking. He's 28" tall and just 70 lbs.

So, one idea I had was to just get a Euro show-line Dobe. I just don't know a reliable source. I've seen what serious working ling Dobes are like and I admire that drive and intensity and capability, but their appearance is almost always lacking. I also have come to realize that that type of Dobe is not what I have time for in my life anymore – at least not now.

When I see your typical Dobe – North American, or Euro, that is not from proven working lines, I think: Slow, slow slow!

I'm also considering other breeds.

Ddski5

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
I just picked up a fantastic female NA/SA Doberman from Melrae Dobermans in Michigan (so did @JanS and @Rits). Nothing but great things to say about Melissa and my new pup.

Red is from Melrae- both NA/SA
Black is my male NA

50DD066B-ABF8-48D0-BFDF-DA9067657351.jpeg

E9D2DC5B-C319-4C1F-9BF9-F4BEEFE74ADC.jpeg

C7AD8E7F-9189-4C29-90F1-98B8F94FAE02.jpeg

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
I have not come across much information about SA lines, but what I gathered is that they closely resemble NA lines in looks and temperament.
To me the SA is the perfect balance between NA and Euro so they aren't as fragile looking as the NA's and not as stocky/bulky as many of the Euros.

This is our girls sire.
Vladimir stacked.jpg

And head shots of both of her parents.
Poppy Vlad litter planned .jpg