1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Essential oils

Discussion in 'Doberman Health Issues and Questions' started by CRDobe, Feb 13, 2020.

1. CRDobe

CRDobe Notable member

I know there are many essential oils to avoid in the house. Ziva's acupuncture dr. uses lavender so I'm guessing that's ok. However I use various blends topically on myself (not in a diffuser) and she spends part of the night on my bed with me. Are there some I should avoid?

• Like Like x 1
  2. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

upload_2020-2-14_5-35-23.png

upload_2020-2-14_5-36-37.png

The way it was explained to me is some oils are just plain toxic. Others are only a problem because of how concentrated essential oils are. A dog's sense of smell is so more keen than humans so a whiff for them is REALLY powerful.
    I don't know if you have access to a Holistic Vet where you are but they tend to be the most knowledgeable on the subject.
    Because all dogs are different, I would say if you notice any symptoms at all STOP the use.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

I would also make sure they are all USDA certified Organic. You get what you pay for. Not all are created equal.

Some need a carrier oil in them to put directly on the skin.
    Or if you have a Cotton collar you can put them right on the collar.

Also some oils can be toxic when used in a diffuser!

Look up www.AnimalEO.com we use their CardioBoost.

Also Young and Living are very good Oils
    Essential Oils for Pets | Uses & Benefits | Young Living Blog
    [​IMG]
    Jan 21, 2020 - We often hear the question: “Can I use essential oils on my animal?” Our answer: absolutely! Learn how to safely use essential oils for dogs, cats, and

Essential Oils For Dogs - Dogs Naturally
    [​IMG]

Are essential oils safe for your dog? You can use essential oils to treat a variety of canine conditions, before you do, here's what you need to know ...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

This is interesting to me too since I was just looking more into them last week. I do have a bottle of lavender but haven't tried it for anything yet. I believe someone here suggested it in part for a bug repellent; probably Genny.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CRDobe

CRDobe Notable member

My holistic vet said there should be no problem using them topically ON MYSELF. I don't use a diffuser. The only one used by my holistic vet on Ziva was lavender.

• Like Like x 1
  6. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

7. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Very important! I think this applies to EVERYTHING! Label reading can be challenging. The marketing ploys companies can get away with are maddening. So often the cheap stuff is filled with crap!

• Agree Agree x 1