Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

energy level puppy vs. 2 year old

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Juta, Sep 14, 2018 at 12:52 PM.

Tags:
  1. Juta

Juta New Member

Hi
    my Juta is 5 months old and super energetic.
    Is she going to be this way all the time or she will be bit more calm when she grow a little say 18 moths ?

My family had basensji which was crazy as a puppy but get all right by the time it get adult.

cheers
    Dominik

2. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Probably. I think Dobes are also very 'puppy like' until about 2 so... find a job for your pooch to tire her out and life will be much easier!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

It depends on your dogs drives but most will settle down some by 3-4 years of age.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

After we got Kaiser I did some online test about what the perfect breed for us would be and the Basenji came up due to its independent cat like nature :laughing:Without experiencing an actual Basenji I would say the Doberman seems kinda the opposite lol. Plus the boys mature slower and you haven't even hit the Doberteens yet! Aren't we lucky :spit:

K is 2 now and he seems to have become a bit more serious. Less play bowing to other dogs, less interest in new people. I would say that K showed improvement every 6 months.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

:facepalm:I won't be telling my hb that.

• Funny Funny x 6
  6. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

My two are starting to settle a little bit from a Cat 5 to a (maybe) Cat 3.:rofl:
    They are 2 1/2yrs. old. They just have a lot of energy and drive and require daily mental and physical stimulation but for the most part are really good and obedient pups. They are beyond their shredding everything in sight stage... thank goodness.

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Blaze won’t be 2 until November and his drive of crazy is probably still getting higher but with all of his obedience he is able to cap it some of the time. Prada is 4 1/2 and had calmed down some but if she is out with Blaze she resorts back to crazy bitch :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Funny how the females can transform back to crazy bitch so easily and it is considered “normal.” :D:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I find that exercise and lots of stimulation help a ton. Just remember there is a fine line between wearing them out of building stamina.
    I think the thing that helped the most was a routine. They just learned what to expect and when to expect it. Yes life happens and there are times our schedule gets interrupted, but for the most part we stick to schedule and it helps a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. NikiL02

NikiL02 Formerly Nlr02 $ Forum Donor $

Nero definitely has calmed. He has lots of puppy left in him but prefers his mornings on the couch. Lol

• Like Like x 3