Elbow Callus

biaham876

Hey everyone! Hope you are all well. Does anyone else experience callus elbows on their dobe and is there anything we can do about it? It looks like our dobe is beginning to form these and I can’t figure what could be the cause? Crate time is at a minimum and he has a plush bed. Right now it just looks like hair loss in those areas. Picture attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 17
It's a bony pressure point. It is going to rub no matter they lay on. The plush bed will help minimize it, but it will still rub no matter what it's made of. (ever get a rug burn?)

I’m not sure, I had to rip the tag off (I’m confident he would have eaten it) Seems like a cottonish maybe polyester material? We got it from Costco...so far it’s the ONLY bed he hasn’t devoured. We had to get rid of all blankets/soft fuzzy things after we realized he is actually them and not just shredding them into pieces. Which cost us a very expensive overnight stay at the vet.

Ziva has them on both elbows and she sleeps/naps on the sofa or my bed. I use a paw salve my wholistic vet gave me. It's made of oil butters, coconut oil, lavender essential oil, etc. It seems to keep the callous things soft and less visible.

I don't think it's uncommon at all and I don't really worry about it if it's minor like that.

Back