Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Egg consumption, how much is safe ?

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by C908, Dec 2, 2019.

1. C908

C908 Member

A while back I started cutting up a hard boiled egg and putting it on top of Preachers Fromm adult gold food. He really likes it and would like it twice a day with his meals. Just wondering how many eggs others are giving their dobies. Preacher has had no side effects such as gas or any other symptoms. His coat is looking as good as it has ever looked, wondering if eggs could be a factor. Thanks for your comments.

2. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

I feed raw eggs with her kibble on occasions. Usually one a day until the excess eggs are used up, and there have been no gastric issues at all. I do think her coat gets extra sleek when I do this for a week or so but I don't feed eggs all the time as she gets extra protein from meaty bones as well and I am consciously keeping her on the lean side.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

Feed it raw, including the shell. your robbing the nutrients from the egg when you boil it or cook it.

try to feed quail or duck eggs if you can source them over chicken eggs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Can’t answer your question but I try to feed Ragnar one egg 3x week. Raw- eggshell and all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

I did post an article on Eggs in the Nutrition section. We feed 1 egg and shell per day. An egg is one of the most complete foods. After all it can grow a chicken!
    The best is Raw or if you want lightly cooked over a very very low heat. You have to remember anything heated especially with high heat will destroy vitamins and amino acids.

We also look for Organic eggs. Or fresh farm eggs where the chickens are range free and not fed GMO feed.

Can Dogs Eat Eggs? Yes! In Fact, Your Dog Needs Them!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

My dogs get fresh raw duck eggs three times weekly. I’ve tried to feed the shells but they won’t eat them, even if I grind them up.

7. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Buddy LOVES eggs and he gets them raw, shell and all about 3 times a week. Kali will not eat the shell. Go figure, but I try and give her a portion of the one I crack open for Buddy. Trying to get a little of both yolk and white. I don't know if a whole egg would be too much for her. :scratch: She is 12lbs.

8. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

If you can pull out the membrane from the egg shell and feed that with the raw egg since she won’t eat the shell. It has the most taurine in it and is very beneficial. Mine get raw every other day with sardines on the days they don’t get the egg except for fasting day.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

for what it's worth I feed two raw eggs shell and all weekly no issues

• Like Like x 1