Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Featured Educational Video on Doberman Conformation

Discussion in 'Doberman Shows & Events' started by Rits, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Notable member

I'll have to come back to this when I have that much time to sit still. Thanks for sharing!

3. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I think that might be Linda.... watched some, need to find time and place to seriously watch.

Do you have the link?

4. Panama

Panama Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Yes, Linda George & Dylan Kipp did a great job with these.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Watched this last night with my girls. They educate and explain the standards and what judges are looking at against these standards.

Things like:
    -wedge head
    -bottom jaw line
    -top line
    -having a square body
    -convergence gait
    -etc.....

really did not think I would be interested because I do not show Ragnar (that would be fun and funny). But I learned a lot and was very much interested on their thoughts.

I think Linda said it best: What’s all these standards for? They are strived for in order to make the most efficient working Doberman. It really did not make sense to me until she was explaining why convergence gait of front and back feet were so desired and why the back loin should be a certain distance from the last rib. It’s all about working dog efficiency.

Dylan Kipp was very impressive and explained things well.

• Agree Agree x 1