Ears once again

Skatchkeb

Notable member
Im having trouble with tanks ears folding in when playing, im not positive what to do about it either, so asking for suggestions. Its always after a hard game of fetch. They seem to fine otherwise, but im worried about problems that can have. It seems like posting wouldnt really resolve that back folding motion.

How old is he?

That’s one of the major worries with testing them too soon. If they get physically/emotionally stressed and ears are not quite there, then they fold and it sets him back considerably.

Be me? I would post him solid for another month without testing at all. Post 3-5 days, out to clean and air for one hour and then back in posts- no testing.

Looking at the picture again....
Is his left ear folding at the base of his skull or half way up at mid point?

If at base of skull, then he may have a pocket which would require a bumper to fix. Search the forum for ear pockets and bumpers to educate yourself on what it is and how to fix. I tried to search for the post that explained pockets/bumpers and many post came up that were educational. Just search and read.

Another thing is to make sure you are pulling the ear up onto the post. Sometimes we just stick the post in and go with it and it creates slack down at the base of skull.

I was fearful and hopeful someone would say pockets, logically the name would make sense for how the ear is lookin

I put in a bumper, i almost feel as though i could have been wrapping the posts too tight and making it go that way.
I mean i get the concept of you want the ear leather hardening in shape and the natural fold in place. Could i have been pulling the fold back too much? Hes six months, if im gonna fix this it needs to be now.

Back