Ear Posting

Queenbee355

Hi I have a doberman puppy 14 weeks old. He's ears are cropped but one is dropping. How can I fix it? Also, a couple of times before re-taping I let his ears "breath" longer than 30 minutes. Did I mess up? Kobe still has stitches on the base of his ears I put Neosporin on it night should I stop? I was wondering if anyone lives in Washington, DC that has a doberman and can help me with the ear posting. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Welcome from Minnesota! At 14 weeks you will still have a long way to go with posting since they need to be done until they're at least through teething, or about 6 months.

It doesn't hurt anything to leave them unposted for an hour or so but you can lose progress after that; especially at this young age.

Most of us use backer rod for posting but I know a few people who use tampons too.

Here are a couple links.

We'd love to see some photos of him.

When was he cropped? Usually, you wait until the stitches are out to post.
As long as you don't put tape over the stitches it should be ok.
It can take (depending on the length of crop and thickness ear) a few months to when they are getting their adult teeth or longer.
30 min isn't that long.
But you need to be consistent. We would post for 4-5days. Remove posts, check for any sore spots, clean ears, dry them then repost.

This Group might help you. DC Doberman Club

When was he cropped? Usually, you wait until the stitches are out to post.
As long as you don't put tape over the stitches it should be ok.
It can take (depending on the length of crop and thickness ear) a few months to when they are getting their adult teeth or longer.
30 min isn't that long.
But you need to be consistent. We would post for 4-5days. Remove posts, check for any sore spots, clean ears, dry them then repost.

This Group might help you. DC Doberman Club
Thanks

Back