Ear posting progress

DobieMom2020

54954EDC-21EB-437C-8587-F54F42690204.jpeg 024030E3-D352-4E4D-A47C-75C57F5FF317.jpeg Hi everyone!
Loki has been doing MUCH better with his ear postings. He sits still longer and isn’t afraid of me grabbing on them. I’ve been trying to normalize handling them everyday, even when they’re taped. I’ll grab them and wiggle them a little and give them a sniff while I’m there to make sure everything is okay ;)

I wanted to see how our progress is coming. Here are a couple of pictures of him without his posts. They still flop over quite a bit, I’m not sure if this is because the crop? We asked for a medium crop, but as I mentioned in my previous post, the vet we went to was HORRID and I’m pretty sure he’s rocking closer to a long crop :banghead:

Let me know what you think, and if there’s anything we can do to help get those ears to stand better! Thanks:)

Definitely looks long! Once they're standing though, it'll look really good, I think!

Time and persistence is key!

It’s such a bummer! We love him no matter what, but we are not fans of the long crop. Oh well :facepalm: We will definitely keep up with the postings, hopefully they make their way up LOL

Thanks!

What a cutie! Don't worry he'll somewhat grow into the crop so it won't look so long but you might be posting for a while.

Let me know what you think, and if there’s anything we can do to help get those ears to stand better!
They're off to a good start and as stated, time and persistence is the key. I'd only leave the posts out long enough for them to dry after cleaning and I personally won't let them in the crate when the posts are out.

What a cutie! Don't worry he'll somewhat grow into the crop so it won't look so long but you might be posting for a while.

They're off to a good start and as stated, time and persistence is the key. I'd only leave the posts out long enough for them to dry after cleaning and I personally won't let them in the crate when the posts are out.

Thank you! He was actually a little stinker and took them out on his own last night :shock: he figured out that if he can bend his ear the right way, he can chew on the post. He must have realized he can take them off too!

He actually saved me time today LOL I had to take down his old ones and repost anyways, so he did half of the work for me LOL:lmao:

Back