Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Ear posting help!

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Clyde309, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Clyde309

Clyde309 New Member

Hello. Need some advice and tips for my Doberman. Last time I posted was help for posting his right ear that was flopping and it has been going great.
    I posted links below of videos I’ve been using to post his ears. On Sunday I changed his old posts and placed new ones. Everything was going great until this morning his left ear had yellow substance looked like puss and an odd smell the puss was on the outside of his ear on his fur. I haven’t had this issue and I do like to note this is the ear that already stands on it’s own and has been for the past few weeks. I got paranoid and just posted it again to make sure as there is times it will flop down when he is sleeping or just relaxing.would like to know if that’s normal? His right ear is my main focus as that is the one that still flops. I would like to know if I should just leave the left ear and not bother posting it and also is it normal for it to puss or am I doing something wrong when I post it. The tapes weren’t on tight either. Also how could I tell if an ear is dead or lost circulation. I have include two photos one picture of his ears both posted and the second picture of removing the posting on the left ear. Also if there is any other videos that anyone can recommend would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I don’t understand where the pus is coming from.

From the inside of ear in ear canal thus being an ear infection or is there a wound/blister on external part of his ear?

If on outside of ear, please take a picture of the wound that’s in question. How big is the area?

3. Clyde309

Clyde309 New Member

It’s definitely not from the inside of his ear.
    I think it is a cut or blister.

Attached Files:

4. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How old is he?

You definitely need to lose the bridge since they're pulling in and you don't want that.
    That doesn't look bad at all and you can easily avoid that spot with tape since it's so low on the ear.

I think once you remind us of his age we can more easily answer your question.

I'm going to move this to the puppy section for more views and replies. :)

5. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That picture doesn’t show anything alarming to me.

Use warm soapy water to clean or better yet get some Vetericyn wound cleaner and clean the wound.

Put some Neosporin or antibacterial ointment and put on.

Don’t tape over this, but if you have to tape over, put a 4x4 gauge over it first.

6. Clyde309

Clyde309 New Member

Hey JanS he is currently 5 months

• Like Like x 1
  7. Clyde309

Clyde309 New Member

Awesome. I will definitely give that a shot thank you.

8. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

You still have plenty of time to post so I wouldn't fret then. I'd personally keep posting both of them for a couple more months.

• Like Like x 1