Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Ear posting advice - stop or continue?

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by dobie206, Oct 7, 2019.

1. dobie206

dobie206 New Member

Right before we left for our 2 week vacation, we decided to leave the posts out because the forecast said it was raining on and off and the people dog-sitting weren’t too comfortable changing out the posts etc.

Thankfully his ears are standing, adding a picture I took yesterday. He’ll be 8 months in 2 weeks. This being our first dobie, I wanted to ask all the OG members here: can we stop posting his ears or should we continue posting? If we should continue posting, does 10 months sound about the right age to stop?

F5AB5801-F762-4382-9150-10B4E79B1142.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Wow, he sure is bold looking in that picture. How handsome.

So he’s already be out of posts for a two week vacation? If so, his ears look really good in that picture.

I would test them during the day, that way you can watch them and if it looks like they are wavering, then post them up. If you have any question at all, then post at night to prevent him sleeping on a bent/folded ear.

I was finished at 7.5months.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dobie206

dobie206 New Member

Thank you, that is good to know! I’ll keep an eye out.

4. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

But really....

If he has been out of posts for two weeks and they have not faltered, you are good to go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1