Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Ear cropping

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Angieelaughs, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Angieelaughs

Angieelaughs Novitiate

Hello everyone we got our dog Dame, ears cropped 2 days ago on Friday 1/24. The vet (Dr. Victoria Peterson) told us to remove the bandaging after 2 days & that we could put this sock looking thing over it after (which I’ve misplaced) I’m just wondering were his ears suppose to be covered like this? I’ve seen others & they weren’t covered. Or at least the edges where they were cut weren’t covered.
    In the picture is what his little hat looks like right now. Lol

Attached Files:

2. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Some vets do cover the ears completely (although not really recommended). If they thought there might be more swelling, they probably use it for compression.

I covered the ears & cup with a medical (cloth) sleeve, (same concept as the sock but much thinner), but I had 8 running around, not just 1. It did help keep toe nails off the sutures as well as the rough & tumble littermate play, but I changed them every day. I used it for the first week, then just the cup until sutures were removed.

6-12.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Angieelaughs

Angieelaughs Novitiate

This is what his ears look like a couple hours after we took the wrapping off. They look okay?

Attached Files:

4. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Yes, nice and clean looking.

5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

They look great and I always like to see when a crop vet puts the cup on post crop.

• Funny Funny x 1