Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Ear cropping vet in Austin area?

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by SAK, Jun 26, 2019.

1. SAK

SAK New Member

Beautiful pics!!! Can anyone advise of a vet in the Austin area? I’ve found some vets with wonderful over-all recommendations, but not specifically for cropping and they have zero pics of their work.
    Help!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Hey there! Not sure if I'm missing something, but the entry directly above yours is from a person whose profile says they live in Austin and they have a cropped Doberman. (I'm not trying to be a smart guy)

• Like Like x 1
  3. SAK

SAK New Member

Ohhh thank you for the reply!!! I'm literally BRAND new to this site and just signed up, so I was only looking at the posts, hadn't even thought to check profiles:) I'm going to send her a message.
    Thanks so much!

• Like Like x 2
  4. SAK

SAK New Member

Hi:) if the Vet that did her crop was in Austin, could I please get the location?
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  5. crypticintent

crypticintent Hot Topics Subscriber

My breeder is in the Austin area. I'll ask where our little girl got her crop done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

• Like Like x 2
  7. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

Is the information in your paperwork?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

My breeder is in Richmond, west of Houston.

She recommended:
    Dr Schaffer in Dallas
    Dr Leanne Jakabowski in Austin

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  9. SAK

SAK New Member

I’m in Calif. and I’’m actually searching on behalf of one of my buyers. I suggested Dr. Schaffer, but he lives in Austin and would like to have them cropped by someone local to him. That’s why I’m not having them done for him out here. I’m just trying to do some of the footwork for him. Thank you everyone:)

10. SAK

SAK New Member

Thank you, I’ll google her:)

11. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

Oh sorry for the confusion I was responding to @crypticintent who said their breeder is in Austin. As you know sometimes it’s written in the paperwork and this would eliminate having to contact the breeder and waiting for the response.

Several of us on here have had their pups ears done by Dr Shaffer - including my Shadow. Can’t go wrong selecting her but I understand wanting to have it done locally as long as they are reputable and know dobie crops.

12. Nightwalker59

Nightwalker59 New Member

Our Girl was done inn Pfugerville (North Austin) at Pfennig Lane Animal Hospital, by Dr. Lisa Hansen. She did . an amazing job and we are very pleased with her ears so far (9 months old now). I think mine was the post that was quoted here as I got an alert.

13. Nightwalker59

Nightwalker59 New Member

I think mine was the post you quoted, above reply has vet info from here in Austin, happy to answer any questions or help out however I can. Let me know if you would like some pics of our girl's ears :)

14. Nightwalker59

Nightwalker59 New Member

Just to double check, these were the pics i posted in the "Show Us Your Style/Crop" Thread that I think you were replying to, and yes she was cropped here in Austin
    Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 1.59.02 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 1.59.16 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 1.59.29 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 1.59.43 AM.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  15. Nightwalker59

Nightwalker59 New Member

Here's a couple from this June

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  16. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Beautiful!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SAK

SAK New Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nightwalker59

Nightwalker59 New Member

Our Girl was done in Pfugerville (North Austin) at Pfennig Lane Animal Hospital, by Dr. Lisa Hansen. She did an amazing job and we are very pleased with her ears so far (9 months old now).
    SeilahJune2019.jpg

• Like Like x 1