Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Ear crop recommendations in Ohio

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by mojocho, Jul 24, 2020.

1. mojocho

mojocho Novitiate

Any recommendations for vets who ear crop near NE Ohio?

Dr Midgarden is booked. They recommended someone in IN, but that's getting pretty far.

I'd appreciate any personal referrals.

2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Gosh I can't remember who, but I think there are a few good ones in OH.

3. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I know Dr Midgarden is the ear cropping vet for this area and she's booked out. With Covid they seem to be busier than ever too. It's too bad your breeder didn't take care of it for you guys so you didn't have to stress! I think there is one in MI but if Indiana is too far, MI would be the same. You may have to travel if you really want ears done before it's too late.

4. mojocho

mojocho Novitiate

I appreciate the responses. I went ahead and booked my time with the recommended vet in IN for that exact reason. He'll be 10 weeks old in Monday so I'm running out of time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. Rits

Good plan! If you don't mind me asking, who ear crops in Indiana? Always good to know who is around.

By the way, we love pics!

6. mojocho

mojocho Novitiate

Dr Serena Hagerfeld in Fort Wayne, IN. She trained under Dr Midgarden (OH) and was recommended by them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  7. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Where do you live? It is not uncommon to drive a significant distance to get a proper ear crop from a respected crop Vet. I drive 9 hours to have litters cropped.

8. Rits

That sounds like a great alternative! Thanks for sharing!

• Agree Agree x 1