Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Drumroll, well, almost!

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Ravenbird, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Member

:woot::woot::woot:I started thinking about getting a Doberman again (after years without) about a year ago, started my research, read until my eyeballs popped out, joined this forum last April, searched some more, followed some leads, had some wonderful opportunities with 2 litters, but not an available girl, which I refused to budge on... and plenty of opportunities that didn't meet my requirements (lack of health tests, at least a few working titles). I could write a short novel of my adventures on this roller coaster of a hunt for the perfect puppy! Short story, I'm going on the road tomorrow to pick her up and will arrive home Thusday night with her. Finally, finally. Thank you all for having me here for so long with no Doberman of my own. All that's about to change! look for the real drumroll in a few short days!

• Like Like x 11
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow x 1
  2. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Congratulations!! Let the games begin. Can’t wait to see this girl.
    :congrats:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

And HERE WE GO......

Haha, jk.
    So glad for you!!

Wondering where did you finally find her?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Awesome, congratulations! I can’t wait to see the little pup!

You have all the puppy supplies ready to go? Food, bowls, leashes? I’ll never forget my hb sending me a pic of puppy Kaiser from inside a Pet Smart. His response when I asked him why he was there: ”I forgot to bring a collar!”

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How exciting and good for you for holding your ground to find just what you were looking for! :congrats:

I can't wait to see some photos and hear more about her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. luckybeemer

luckybeemer Jr Member

:congrats: I can't wait to see pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  7. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

Congratulations!! And safe travels. And you owe us lots and lots of pictures :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

Yippee! Can't wait to see your new littlie! The long wait is nearly over! :wow:

9. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Woohoo! Of course we would allow you to be here with no Dobe. I've been here for 10! Hah! We all share the same love of Dobes and our beloved non-Dobe pets. Can't wait to hear and see more!! You have pics already, right!?!

10. Ivory Skye

Ivory Skye New Member

awesome! Congratulatons, can't wait to see pictures!! :congrats:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Member

thank you all, yes, photos to come! My computer died last week and I'm stuck with an old iPad which is not easy for me to navigate until the other one gets fixed, and touch-type is just hell to me. But believe me, there will be pictures.
    HAHA, @Kaiser2016, the collar comes with her, and enough food from the breeder to get me home and then some, so I can transition food later after the stress dies down (how thoughtful is that?!) but I have 2 leashes, bowls, toys, kong, crate for the car, crate set up in the bedroom, I am soooo ready!!! @Ddski5, found through UDC, working doberman club.
    I'll be taking photos (I use a camera) but not sure when/how to upload to here before I get my computer back, but no worries, she'll be all over this board pretty soon. Oh, and I shouldn't use the word Perfect. No way do I expect perfect from any animal or human, I'll just strive to be the best I can be to bring out the best in her.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Congrats! It's so hard to find a breeder and a pup! You have gotten through that!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

:woot::congrats::bump::pullhair::beer:

• Like Like x 1
  14. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Of course you can! There is such a thing as perfect for you.
    :congrats:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Member

Thanks again, 4 a.m., I'm hitting the road!

• Like Like x 6
  16. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Member

From the second you put her in the car your life will never be the same :dobe::):(:banghead::shock::biggrin:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

:yatta::yatta::yatta: I'm so excited for you!!!!

18. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Oh, I should have recommended to bring some ear plugs. I swear that was a miracle that I had earplugs from staying in a hotel the night before and they were located in the console of the car as we drove back and Oji started his almost nonstop whining/barking/yipping for the 8 hour drive. He was nice to give me a preview of our life together.

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

A PUPPY! SQUEEEE! Can't wait to see her!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

:congrats::goodluck:Can't wait for pics!